Quality Technician will be primarily responsible for the development of test methods and procedures needed to determine the dimensional features of products, validation and production inspections of all products produced from manufacturing and assembly processes, proper use and maintenance of measurement tools and equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Utilize PLEX system to access part and production requirements
· Read and interpret blue prints w/ Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances (GD&T - ASME Y14.5)
· Measure parts to ensure that they are within specifications
· Inspect parts per defined PLEX requirements and specifications
· Track and investigate anomalies, and report results
· Perform random quality audits
· Use various manual inspection tools and instruments: Micrometers, Verniers, Comparators, Indicators, Height Gages and other fixtures and equipment.
· Use programmable Micro-Vu equipment (as necessary)
· Liaise with set-up and tool room personnel on part requirement and specification issues
· Ensure that other employees are aware of proper quality inspection activities
· Perform manufacturing and 5S audits as required
· Perform, or support, suspect product containment and sort activities
· Complete administrative functions
· Adhere to all company guidelines for Emergency Evacuation to ensure employee safety.
· Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: minimum of 1-year inspection experience.
- Basic Computer knowledge / skills
- Able to read, write and communicate in English (Bi-Lingual - Spanish - is desirable).
- Training in ISO9001 or IATF 16949 system compliance (is desirable)
- Training in Statistical Process Control (is preferred)
Role: Quaity Tech (2nd SHift)
Location: Carol Stream,
Apply for this job now.