PCG Education is recruiting for immediate placement of full-time Special Education Resource Teachers.
Job Goals: Under general supervision, provides special education services to students identified as disabled in accordance with state and federal regulations. Work involves developing and implementing the Individual Education Program in classroom settings that are compatible with the student’s age and developmental level. The EC teacher is responsible for developing lesson plans, adapting materials and designing activities to assist EC students develop appropriate academic, behavioral, and social skills and to meet their IEP goals. The teacher is responsible for monitoring student’s progress and for maintaining EC records in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
Performance and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and implement an instructional plan which is compatible with the school and system-wide curricular goals and the students’ Individual Education Program
2. Develop Individual Education Programs (IEP) for students with disabilities; implements the IEP; and uses diagnostic information obtained from tests and other assessment procedures to update IEPs as needed.
3. Monitor student behavior; maintain discipline in the classroom; deescalate inappropriate behaviors; teach students appropriate behavioral strategies; restrain students when necessary; record and report restrain toileting, and other essential tasks that the students are not able to perform by themselves.
4. Communicate with parents regarding children’s educational progress via periodic written progress reports
5. Acts as a case coordinator for assigned students; consult with community care-givers, school support professionals, and parents to better understand and meet student needs
6. Ability to perform other duties assigned by the School Operator/Principal
7. Ability to constantly monitor the safety and wellbeing of students, particularly when student is participating in an inclusive activity
8. Ability to motivate students
9. Ability to maintain a clean and orderly environment
10. Ability to perform general clerical duties
11. Provide direct special education instruction to identified students
12. Employ a variety of teaching methods to meet student needs
13. Assist disabled students with their personal and self-help needs, such as eating, Implementation of these methods may require the adaptation or development of materials
Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university (preferably degree in Special Education or other relevant degree)
Current Teaching License (Lateral Entry/Provisional or Professional) - Preferred but not required
Able to pass a background and drug screen
$36,521K salary increases based on education and experience
Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance, Teacher Retirement, Annual Leave Days & Sick Days)
Additional relocation incentives possible
We are ready support you in your education career by offering the following:
- Hands-on mentoring and coaching from experts with over 20 years of teaching experience.
- Guidance and expertise in taking candidates through licensure process.
-An interactive (online) learning community that allows new teachers to connect with each other, share experiences and provide support.
-Enhanced professional develop opportunities and customized resources for all content areas and level of expertise.
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need.
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 600 professionals in 26 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, Canada. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies.
PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
Role: Special Education Teacher
Apply for this job now.