Primary Special Needs Teacher
London Borough of Newham
£160 - £190 per day PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are to hold QTS (essential).
Immediate or September start
Smart Teachers is recruiting for Primary Special Needs Teachers to work within special needs environments in the London Borough of Newham. The successful Primary Special Needs Teachers will need to be comfortable working within a special needs environment, with children across the Primary Key Stages.
- Primary Special Needs Teachers
- To work with students with a range of needs including, Autism, Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs, ADHD, Moderate Learning Difficulties and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
- Working with children from EYFS - KS2
- Working with a team of special needs staff to support the children throughout the day
- Available for cover work and/or part time work teaching special needs children
- This is for cover work and/or part time work
- Set in residential areas that are easily accessible via public transport
- Well-structured days with small group work
- Located in London Borough of Newham
To be considered for the Primary Special Needs Teacher position, you will:
- Have experience working with children or adults with special needs
- NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Have strong communication, literacy, and numeracy skills
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Primary Special Needs Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more informa