Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Internal Audit (Allstate IA) team members provide analysis, appraisals, and recommendations to leadership teams and senior executives on whether significant operational risks are being properly mitigated. Our team applies their knowledge, insights and objectivity to help the organization by evaluating the design and effectiveness of controls embedded in strategy, governance, operations and risk management processes across both insurance and non-insurance businesses.
The IT and Security Audit team applies a risk-based approach to technology and integrated audit projects that are operational and strategic in nature, develops audit programs and project plans, and has full accountability for the lifecycle. The technology audits focus on various aspects of IT, like cybersecurity, emerging technologies (e.g., cloud, mobile, SaaS), security, IT operations and exposure to cutting edge technology methodology such as Agile. This team also collaborates with risk management functions for coordinated engagements on large scale strategic initiatives throughout Allstate.
IT Internal Auditors work on job assignments supporting the various Internal Audit teams (Insurance, Non-Insurance, Investments, Shared Services, Information Technology, and SOX) and may work with our external auditors. The role will be working in a collaborative environment to deliver reviews where knowledge, experiences and internal/external networks can be leveraged to achieve results. This role is responsible for supporting audit leads with the successful completion of audits by adhering to Allstate’s audit procedures, managing multiple tasks and completing audit testing with guidance for the lead.
Audit planning and execution, including risk assessment, process analysis, and control evaluation specifically focused on technology.
- Execute integrated IT audits of technology application and configuration controls; which includes providing reasonable assurance that application controls are properly configured and optimized to insure integrity, accuracy, and completeness of data.
- Execute audits of program management and project life cycle controls; which include ensuring IT programs are effectively and efficiently managed, while also verifying alignment with organizational objectives.
- Coordinating the work of other project members on leadership assignments.
- Providing ongoing internal control consulting.
- Partnering with Management in support of key initiatives and projects
- Ability to work independently as well as in a strong team environment
- Understanding of fundamental IT concepts.
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort with the unknown
- Curiosity to learn more about Allstate’s business operations with strong relationship building skills
- Basic Project Management skills - Able to set project timeframes (for self) to meet project objectives with minimal oversight
- Basic knowledge of auditing concepts or strong business knowledge and experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic critical thinking and problem-solving skills around business issues
- Intermediate proficiency in business-related computing applications (e.g., Microsoft Office applications)
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- 0-2 years’ experience in audit, compliance, risk management or Allstate business unit
- Audit internship, CPA, CISA or CIA certification a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment