A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an Applications Technician to join a specialist Engineering company based in Hampshire.
As an Applications Technician, you will be responsible for reporting design and operating information from trial, pilot and full-scale equipment at the clients manufacturing site. Alongside working on site in Hampshire, this role will involve travel to customer's premises globally.
You will be responsible for liaising with both internal and external clients to assist with the development of process designs and solutions to applications problems.
As an overview of the role, please see below:
Applications Technician Responsibilities:
- To operate trial or pilot plant equipment at the manufacturing facility or at customer's premises, to obtain and report design and operating information.
- To obtain and report information from full-scale plant for design and troubleshooting purposes.
- In some cases, to make decisions on operating parameters, and cleaning options during trials.
- To train client's staff on pilot plant operation and information recording on ongoing work.
- To undertake a variety of technical work as defined by Technical Manager or Applications Engineer.
- To work on site with little or no supervision.
- To ensure that all work carried out conforms to company and statutory health and safety standards.
- To ensure that all work carried out conforms to Quality Assurance Processes.
- To ensure that pilot plant maintenance is carried out as and when required.
Applications Technician Requirements:
- Higher National Certificate/Diploma or equivalent in a Mechanical/electrical engineering field
- 2 to 3 years' experience in a technical or field service engineering role, with a particular hands on focus
- Relevant previous experience of technical role within or supporting sales of engineered products and projects.
- Able to work away from home for long periods by oneself or as a part of a team.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Be able to take the lead role in supporting sales during technical discussions
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use computer software such as MS Office, Excel, Databases, etc.
In return, you will receive a salary between £28,000 - 30,000 per annum (depending on experience) + benefits, excellent training and ongoing personal career development. Expenses when staying away are of course covered with this role. The client is looking to get someone started in January, but are keen to have all the details finalised before December begins.
If this opportunity is of interest, and you would like to hear more details including the full specification, then please do get in contact with Andy Park via email or alternatively you can apply through this advert