Manchester (Hybrid WFH/On-site)
£600 - £700 pday
Advantage Resourcing are working in partnership with a client in Public sector and are looking for an outstanding Java Developers, who can make a positive impact, and wants to contribute to the most demanding and exciting new digital service for the UK Government.
Day-to-day they will be an integral part of that team in designing, creating and improving new and existing products, platforms and transactions across government.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Transform business requirements in to production ready code
- Ensure system robustness, resilience and stability
- Design and develop reusable libraries and services and promote reuse across the department
- Produce comprehensive suites of automated unit and integration tests to ensure code quality
- Assure there is a fit for purpose, robust automated test suite
- Assist in the development of medium-long term strategies for products
- Define version control strategies for the source code of the product
- Identify and resolve issues preventing delivery or continuation of software engineering activities
- Be willing to work in a pair programming environment
- Have experience in implementing APIs for internal and external use
- Have working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X
- Understand of the use of Responsive Web Design
It would also be desirable to have:
- Working knowledge of Jackson, JAX-RS, mocking frameworks such as Mockito, and messaging platforms such as ActiveMQ or Kafka.
- Experience of MongoDB or other document databases.
- Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites.
- Experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage.
If you would like further details, please call Krzysztof on #removed# quoting reference 64128