Company: LEAGUE OF SOUTHEASTERN CREDIT UNIONS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates (LSCU) is looking to hire a full-time Payments Specialist. Would you like to take your career to the next level with an employer of choice where you can enjoy a great work culture in a team environment?
Our employees enjoy exceptional benefits, including health, dental, vision, paid time off, volunteer time off, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, professional development, and tuition reimbursement. You can expect to work 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, with an option for occasional overtime.
The League of Southeastern Credit Unions represents 333 credit unions and LSCU provides advocacy and regulatory information; education and training; cooperative initiatives; media relations and business solutions to support its members in fulfilling their mission.
LEVERAGE, the LSCU Service Corporation provides best-in-class products and services for credit unions across the country.
As a Payments Specialist you will deliver excellent service and expertise to credit union member via our dispute team and credit union services team.
By appropriately identifying, verifying, and correcting cardholder account problems for credit unions. Processing fraud and dispute claims via chargebacks and other recover rights. You will monitor and respond to inquiries and route questions to appropriate personnel.
In the Payments Specialist role, you will also be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining favorable relationships with member credit unions.
- Identifying cardholder account problems and adjusting accounts or initiating the dispute process. Monitoring case status for representment and pre-arbitration response.
- Responding to all inquiries from user credit unions within established time frame.
- Maintaining confidentiality of account information; assuring proper security procedures are followed when responding.
- Responding to telephone calls, assist credit union personnel and members with inquiries.
- Inputting data to establish new accounts and account status.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR PAYMENTS SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST:
- One-year customer service experience with preference given for experience with the financial services industry and multi-line phone experience.
- Ability to work effectively in a Microsoft Office environment, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and contacts outside the organization.
- Excellent listening, diplomacy, discretion, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work paperless with Document Imaging Printer
- Ability to function in a high-pressure environment; ability to maintain calm demeanor while handling challenging cardholder situations.
- Ability to take initiative, use sound judgment and deductive reasoning when making decisions; perform with a decreasing need for supervision.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- One-year experience with a VISA/Mastercard credit card operation and exception processing.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of business procedures and ability to read, understand, and comply with VISA bylaws and regulations as well as MasterCard Rules.
- Establish and maintain operational knowledge of applicable card base processors and platforms.