Provide technical and administrative leadership to the Mechanical Engineering and drafting teams. Determine priorities and assignments of projects within the Mechanical Engineering work group. Oversee design, layout and packaging of power supplies for operation environments according to customer specifications and documentation requirements. Establish mechanical engineering design standards and procedures. Design to unit production cost experience is a MUST!
Duties but not limited too:
- Oversee design and development of electronic packaging to withstand environmental conditions such as shock, vibration, temperature and humidity.
- Perform thermal, structural and vibration analysis. Coordinate environmental testing to ensure conformance to customer and Company design specifications.
- Interacts with customers for design reviews and teleconferences. Manages and provides oversight to circuit board design, layout, and drafting team.
- Ensure team provides complete mechanical design for manufacturing and prepares mechanical parts estimates and tooling estimates.
- Responsible for designing tooling and fixturing to support assembly operations.
- Participate in design reviews, product development and generating product concepts with an emphasis on utilizing new technologies for development projects.
- Successfully manage design resources through all phases of the design process (concept, development, qualification, and production).
- Develop new and innovative design strategies to reduce costs and improve product performance and reliability Directs team members in the development and revisions of design guidelines, design criteria, and standard practices utilizing the Company's AS9100 Quality Management System Procedures.
- Provide engineering input and technical oversight to the SMT encapsulation area.
- Selects, mentors and evaluates personnel ensuring the efficient operation of the function and ensure the timely execution of the projects.
- Communicate with outside vendors and experts in related fields with a focus on product improvement.
- Evaluates team and individual performance and makes compensation recommendations.
- Travel as needed to visit vendors and customers.
Would like candidates with:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to take a lead role in directing members of a technical work group.
- CAD experience with electronic assemblies; Solidworks and Cosmos familiarity.
- Thermal, structural and vibration analysis using FEA techniques desirable.
- Experience with conduction and convection cooled systems.
- Knowledge of circuit board construction, fabrication and surface mount technology.
- Materials background helpful.
- Experience with electronic assemblies in high shock and vibration environments.
At Amtec, we care about you and your career. Since 1959, we have changed the lives of thousands of people for the better - people just like you. It is our goal to help you find meaningful work by matching your character, competence, and culture with an organization that truly values what you have to offer. Whether you want a contract assignment, a temp-to-perm job, or a regular full-time position, we are here to be your partner throughout your whole career.
Role: Mechanical Eng. Manager (Aerospace Exp. a MUST)(Help with Relocation)
Location: Los Osos,
Apply for this job now.