Seeking an experienced Corporate Compliance Officer for this operator of psychiatric hospitals nationwide. The following experience required. Position will work with current Compliance officer for 30-45 days. Requires relocation to Memphis.
…”1) direct interaction with surveyors (JC, CMS, state level) not just advising, experience running a survey with action plan follow up in the acute inpatient setting, would prefer psych, but acute care hospital with a psych unit would be considered
2) oversight and dotted line management of directors at hospital level to assist with day to day management of the program, training and guidance on issues at the individual facilities
3) subject matter expert for leadership teams at the facility level on compliance and risk issues involving regulators, patient rights, complaints and grievances.
The other items like residential background, Compliance Hotline, policy management, compliance education are secondary”
The CCO’s principal duties include planning, implementing and monitoring the Corporate Compliance Program. The CCO reports directly to the President and works closely with the Executive Team and facility leadership teams.
• Investigates reported or identified compliance/privacy matters received through independent surveillance efforts, reports through direct contact from others or through the Compliance Hotline system. Oversees all investigative processes including interviews with key witnesses or subject matter experts; identifies and coordinates corrective action and documents efforts in the compliance matters tracking system for ongoing reporting.
• Provides education and training to management, employees, departments, teams, physicians, contractors on key compliance/privacy matters and topics through written published materials, in-person presentations, small group discussions or e-mail communications as necessary to the topic in question.
• Responsible for the hiring, training, development and performance management of the corporate compliance team. Has the responsibility to lead and support the facility level compliance team in developing and improving compliance operations at each facility.
• Conducts audits or engages in monitoring activities to evaluate the ongoing compliance of key compliance/privacy risks as identified through the risk assessment process, government enforcement efforts, reported concerns, etc.
• Builds, maintains and fosters optimal working relations with senior and mid-level management, employees, physicians and contractors to ensure open lines of communication in support of a collaborative dialogue on compliance risk.
• Attends leadership/management meetings establish awareness of possible compliance risks and to serve as a trusted resource to all constituents on compliance matters. Serves as the primary contact for compliance/privacy.
• Assists in the annual compliance risk assessment process.
• Serves as the organization Privacy Officer and works closely with the IT Security Officer to monitor HIPAA risks. Must be knowledgeable of regulations that pertain to free standing hospitals. Required-must have intimate knowledge of CMS AND JCAHO REGS.
We are an Executive Search Firm with a major focus in the Healthcare Industry. We work with select client companies . This is an organization with leadership that has a track record of success. All responses are in confidence.
R.L. "Randy" Scott
Role: Corporate Compliance Officer-behavioral hospital company
Apply for this job now.