So, you’re eager to learn more about neurosurgery nursing opportunities at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
But it’s not just our neurosurgery service which is impressive; our trust itself is pioneering in its approach to healthcare. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- We’re based at Southmead, Bristol’s flagship hospital; our neurosurgery unit offers three state-of-the-art neurosurgical theatres, with one theatre dedicated to emergency procedures. Our team features 13 highly-specialised consultants, who were the first in the UK to adopt software-based integrated theatres in which data and images are called up at the touch of a screen.
- As a tertiary referral centre, we provide adult neurosurgical care for patients across Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Bristol. We carry out over 3500 procedures annually, 50% of which feature emergency admissions, and deliver complex procedures such as epilepsy, pituitary, spinal and cranial surgeries.
- We’re home to the Bristol Neurological and Spinal Unit, which holds a unique position as the only centre in the South West to provide both paediatric and adult care, with on-site neurosurgical, orthopaedic and interventional radiology specialists. Our research unit holds a strong reputation for research, actively developing motion preserving spinal technologies and image-guided spinal surgery.
- Within our bespoke rotations, experienced nurses not only have the chance to move across clinical specialties, but have the opportunity to complete University accredited specialist courses and undertake qualifications to climb through the bands. Whilst newly qualified nurses are given a structured preceptorship, dedicated support from practice facilitators, senior nurses, and a learning and development team, helping them to achieve their full potential.
Right, that’s enough about us. Let’s focus on you. Are you…
- Our health and wellbeing initiatives, devised by our dedicated staff wellbeing team, encompass lifestyle support, physical support and psychological support, and have been nationally recognised by REBA.
- Our nurses don’t shy away from a challenge in aid of Southmead Hospital Charity. They cycle, run, row and race in aid of a fantastic cause, or sing in our staff choir and compete in ‘Southmead Does Strictly’.
- We’re committed to supporting staff on their career journey with us offering personalised training packages and bespoke specialty rotations. We also support internal transfers for those who wish to gain experience in a new specialty or further develop their skills.
- Staff are consulted on equity issues across the trust within their staff equality and development groups, with mentoring and support to succeed. Our trust is supporting the development of Bristol’s LGBT+ manifesto and a case study of good practice has been reported to NHS England in response to a government review of public services and Trans people.
- Our clinical environment is award-winning in its approach to healthcare design; each patient room has a view, many of which are naturally ventilated and 75% of rooms in our Brunel Building are single and en-suite. With nurses in mind, our clinical spine carefully separates staff and patient areas, with a generous staff canteen extending out to a rooftop terrace.
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and it has a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales.
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- A registered nurse eager to channel your experience into a new and exciting role?
- A newly qualified ready to take the leap from theory to the clinical setting, supported by a structured preceptorship and an inspirational team?
- An experienced neurosurgery nurse with the passion and talent to progress clinically and professionally?
- Submit your application via this advert.
- Book a place at our engagement events to tour Southmead Hospital, meet the teams you could be working with, and understand the trust’s approach to patient care.
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into life at our trust. Search [... Click Apply...]BTNursing on Twitter , Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram .
If you apply for this vacancy and have not received a communication from this Trust within three weeks of the