Actuarial Analyst - General Insurance
Edinburgh or Remote
Competitive - Contract
We have an exciting opportunity for an Actuarial Analyst to join our financial services client based in Edinburgh on an initial 6 - 12 Month DRC.
Working within a small finance team that produce management reporting, financial and regulatory reporting and support operations with decision support analysis.
This role will hold responsibility for a range of product reviews, claims analysis, reporting and controls for a general insurance business.
- Providing support to Finance and the wider business acting as the main point of contact on IFRS17 and SII for SIIL.
- Review of analysis used in quarterly reporting; provision of quarterly SII narrative report.
- Supporting production and peer review of the AFR, ORSA, SFCR & RSR for the business.
- Producing/reviewing the claims QRT's as part of the Solvency II annual reporting and other Solvency II reporting as appropriate.
- Supporting internal and external audit queries where appropriate.
- Support MTP and run-off planning.
- Supporting development of IFRS17 approach
- Driving continuous improvement in process and control.
- Reviewing product and repricing reviews in line with requirements as set by senior management team with reference to the MI data, utilising Prophet models and other business tools as appropriate.
- Reviewing experience analysis for claims and lapses to support pricing reviews.
- Where necessary, produce Board reports and other ad-hoc papers to support proposals.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- The successful candidate will be a Qualified Actuary with extensive experience of general insurance.
- Proven communication skills and team player
- Experience in actuarial science and pricing reviews
- Experience in handling financial data and manipulating within controlled environment
- Experience of reporting / regulatory changes, ideally in respect of IFRS17 but also Solvency II.
- Experience working with 2nd, 3rd lines and external audit
- Ability and drive to share knowledge, experience and best practice across that team.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact / 0131 2207109