Entry to mid-level position testing soils, concrete, and asphalt construction materials in a busy fast-paced environment.
The following is intended to provide general guidance, but is not intended to limit the scope of this position..
- Understand and perform construction materials testing according to ASTM, AASHTO, and ARIZ test methods.
- Monitor for and troubleshoot irregularities in testing of construction materials.
- Ensure that all supplies and resources needed to carry out the day's work load are obtained.
- Maintain all equipment in clean, safe and good working condition.
- Appropriately respond to inquiries and complaints from clients and employees, and bring them to the attention of pertinent management staff when necessary.
- Expand knowledge and professionalism in construction materials testing through continuing education by obtaining certifications through ATTI and ACI.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
To perform the requirements of this position effectively, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Minimum of a high school/GED diploma, with a minimum of 1 year work-related experience.
- Working knowledge of basic computer operations.
- Possesses basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to work independently, establish and maintain effective professional working relations with others.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions on an independent basis.
- Ability to be proficient in time management
- Ability to follow and carry out specific instructions on an independent basis.
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to timelines and deadlines
- Ability to apply standards, rules, policies, and procedures to formulate sound and well-supported conclusions.
- Possess strong interpersonal relations with engineers, geologists, contractors, trade partners, governmental agencies, clients, management, and inter-office personnel.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations and other training that may apply to this position include, but are not limited to the following:
Clean and Valid Driver's License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stand up to 8 hours or more at a time.
The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 125 pounds.
The work environment is both indoors and outdoors, in all weather conditions, depending on assigned duties.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Type: Full-time
Powered by JazzHR