Summary: This position is responsible for market development, customer support and project coordination relating to applications in the Appliance & Heating markets. The individual should possess a strong understanding of the theoretical and practical applications of premix combustion technology in systems, components, and OEM appliances. Primary focus will be on premix ready combustion air blowers utilizing EC motor technology, pneumatic gas-air ratio control gas valves, and digital burner controls for residential and commercial high efficiency condensing boilers. In addition, a clear understanding of hydronic circuits and their control strategies would be desirable.
The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
· Position requires an equal effort in commercial and technical responsibilities (i.e. 50/50).
· Commercial focus will be on market and account development, interfacing with customers, field sales & customer service.
· Technical focus will be on project coordination including development of product, documentation, and training, account support, interfacing with customers, application engineers, and German factory.
· Travel – Up to 50% travel to customers, trade shows (North America & Europe), and industry trade meetings.
· Sales – Coordinated sales calls with local field sales for new and existing product promotion and support.
· Market – Development of market, accounts, and products through literature, trade show, and industry meetings.
· Support – Assist customer service, purchasing, marketing, and application engineering with product information for sales orders, purchase orders, website, catalog, and technical training.
· Administrative – Submit monthly project, visit, and development reports, travel expenses, and maintain factory price lists.
· Systems – Select blower, gas valve, and control components for appliance and heating applications.
· Components – Provide installation instructions for blowers, gas valves, and control components.
· Support – Troubleshoot blower, gas valve, and control components in applications remotely and on-site.
· Development – Identify, coordinate, manage system and/or component projects with customers and factory.
· Training – Provide in-house training to application engineers, customer service, and field sales.
· Testing – Provide direction and support as needed to complete in-house customer appliance or component testing.
· Production – Provide direction and support as needed for development, manufacturing, and quality of value added assemblies.
· Administrative – Coordinate maintenance of product information on the company intranet for sales and engineering activities.
Desired skills and experience:
· Engineering degree – Bachelors
· Engineering discipline – chemical, mechanical, electro/mechanical
· Experience – 5+ years (desired) in combustion system design, testing, and applications
· Communication skills – Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Organization – Strong organizational & project management
Role: Market Development Engineer
Apply for this job now.