Gretna Green Ltd is a fourth-generation family business, founded in 1885, involved in tourism, hospitality, retail, weddings and agriculture. Gretna Green has over 260 years of history and heritage, marrying couples since 1754, and is now a world-class, award-winning wedding destination, with a 5-star Scottish Visitor Attraction, and three hotels.
Our focus as a forward-thinking company is the growth and development of our colleagues both personally and professionally. We invest time in training, development and one on one coaching from our extremely motivated, knowledgeable and Experienced Senior Team and Directors.
Your exciting journey begins with our comprehensive, engaging and informative interview process, hosted by our leaders in our business and if successful move to the next stage, your induction and probationary periods, supported by colleagues and representatives from every department to ensure that you benefit entirely from the huge range of knowledge and experience that only our "uniqueness" as a multi strand company can provide.
As a community spirited company, with family at its very heart, we want colleagues to enjoy the benefits that we provide and feel valued and supported throughout their time with the "Gretna Green Family".
- Do you want to be a part of that family?
- Do you want to feel valued and respected in your job role and know that any career aspirations are encouraged?
- Are you ready to become a part of the very history of Gretna Green and to share our stories with our visitors and guests to make their experience special to them?
Then see if you have the skill set, experience and qualifications that we are looking for to join us on the next stage of our exciting journey…
Join our Team at Gretna Green Ltd as a Chef De Partie
- Communicating with the kitchen team in the smooth running of the kitchen helping to ensure that the guests have a memorable experience
- Running your own section / pass preparing, cooking and presenting food and working alongside the Sous Chef&Head Chef.
- Support the senior kitchen team in delivering training to colleagues within the team.
- Use the systems in place to support and aid the company’s productivity in stock control, ordering, potion control, menu engineering managing wastage etc to maximise profitability.
- Put effort into optimizing the cooking process with attention to speed and quality.
- Help to maintain a climate of smooth and friendly cooperation with all departments within the business.
- Understand, follow and train others within the team on the company’s Health and Safety systems to keep everyone safe.
- Maintain a high standard of service
You will need:
- Minimum of 3-4 years as a Commis or 2 years as a Demi Chef de Partie (essential)
- BTEC / HNC / HND or equivalent in professional cookery - essential
- To have good hygiene awareness and knowledge to Food Safety and Hygiene Level 2.
- The ability to react positively to pressure and high-volume demand
- Experience working within a busy restaurant kitchen
- To be available to work various shifts 5 out of 7 days
- Have enthusiasm, drive and determination, demonstrate assertiveness and a passionate personality
- Have computer skills
Full-time position, working 5 days out of 7 including weekends
Salary will be dependent on experience and skills