As the Accounts Payable, you will receive, verify and process invoices and other payable items for all business units to ensure accurate and timely processing of payments.
• You will receive, verify and process vendor invoices for all business units ensuring invoices match purchase order and the service provider approval process for accurate and timely vendor payment processing.
• You will process freight billings for all business units, auditing and matching to the bill of lading or estimates to ensure information is correct and proper approvals are in place for accurate and timely payment processing.
• You will act as the liaison to all business units, departments and vendors assisting with questions, performing investigation and/or research as needed to resolve payment issues and ensure timely processing.
• You will receive, verify and process expense reports for all business unit employees, ensuring proper approval, policies, and processes are followed for accurate and timely payment.
• You will assist in the reception area as needed, helping with mail delivery, answering the phone and greeting visitors.
• Education: Associates Degree in Business or Accounting or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience would be desired.
• Experience: 2+ years of large volume accounts payable experience with a strong working knowledge of A/P processes and procedures.
• Functional Skills: Basic knowledge of accounting principles with a strong understanding of accounts payable 3-way matching systems and processes. Ability to perform research and analysis on large amounts of data with strong problem-solving skills.
• Technology Skills: Proficient in Excel; knowledge of pivot tables would be helpful; experience with JD Edwards World helpful (AS 400 base accounting system).
• Language Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
• Leadership/Behaviors: Customer-focused, compliance-oriented, self-driven and can own the role; trustworthy, dependable and can handle confidential matters appropriately. Able to work independently in a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness; detail oriented and organized with an ability to manage multiple priorities effectively to meet deadlines.
• Culture Fit: Able to work with an experienced team, who is self-sufficient. Need someone who can learn quickly, own their work, and thrive in a high volume/fast paced environment.
Other Important Information:
Salary: Salary is commensurate with proven expertise.
This position is eligible for benefits, bonus & profit sharing for regular, full-time regular employees! And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!
Reports To: Shared Services Manager
Core Hours: 8 am - 5 pm
Typical Work Week: M-F; 40 hours a week on average (number of hours fluctuate each day based on volume)
Role: Accounts Payable
Apply for this job now.