Manufacturing Operations Manager-Martinsville VA
A recognized leader in their industry with a reputation for producing highest quality polypropylene fibers used in a variety of industries, including multiple applications for both automotive textiles and home furnishings
· International company with Domestic and European operations
· #1 ranked global producer in their market niche
· In business since 1995
· The plant closes every year from 12/21 until 1/1 so that all employees can enjoy the
Holiday season with their families.
· Lots of room to grow and advance professionally
· Excellent compensation package and relocation assistance
Manage and lead the daily operations of a successful 24x7 manufacturing operation with 50+ employees. Will oversee the smaller of two production divisions and report directly to the Vice President of Operations. Manage 8 direct reports (4 Team leads, and 4 Operations leads) and provide hands-on leadership and deliver daily operational excellence. Work closely with direct reports to manage attendance, morale and meet production goals. Identify and train new leadership within the team and create an environment that improves continuously and makes use of best practices.
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred
· Experience managing operations in a 24/7 manufacturing environment
· Highly skilled and experienced in managing teams of employees and dealing with challenges specific to a manufacturing environment
· Able to define and optimize processes, and teach others to follow them
· Past success building and implementing growth/leadership programs
· Excellent communication skills.
· Strong Problem Solving skills
Martinsville VA is located near the border of Virginia and North Carolina and has a population of approximately 15,000 people. The city has a long tradition of manufacturing success with local employers that specialize in the furniture and textile industries. Martinsville is within easy driving distance to Roanoke VA and Greensboro, NC, and has a very attractive cost of living rating for the region. Local attractions include NASCAR’s Martinsville Speedway and numerous parks, and outdoor sports attractions including fly fishing, mountain biking, and Golf as well as excellent local restaurants and entertainment.
At AREVO Group we cater to current and future leaders, from C-suite to Middle Management and rising stars. We understand that as a professional you are managing a career not just looking for a job. Arevo consultants are experts at shaping your career from college graduation to the executive board room.
Our commitment to confidentiality in all that we do allows our candidates to explore strategic opportunities without the fear or anxiety of discovery. Our respect for your unique career choices allows us to present you with multiple avenues to success. Our integrity guarantees that you will have the finest search experience in the industry today. Combine these things with our genuine desire to be helpful and you will see the AREVO difference.
Role: Innovative Manufacturing Operations Manager
Apply for this job now.