Reporting to the Operations Director for FFN (Food for Now). This exciting role will be instrumental to the success of our Northampton site by setting and delivering a robust manufacturing strategy that is aligned to the commercial objectives of the overall group.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for designing, setting and delivering the manufacturing strategy.
- Providing robust people leadership and direction ensuring all colleagues are engaged, focused and delivering.
- Ensuring the operations teams have measurable objectives, regular reviews of performance and the opportunity to grow. Leading to a culture of high performance and high engagement.
- Champion key standards across Health&Safety, Quality and Service.
- Delivering year on year improvement on cost through our business improvement and capital programmes.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a General Manager to join our Northampton site.
Northampton is one of the largest sandwich manufacturing facilities in Europe, based across a campus of five manufacturing units we have a team of around 2,000 colleagues making high quality premium products every day. We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, rolls and sushi for Marks&Spencer. What we’re looking for
- Substantial experience leading, inspiring and developing large operations teams within a fast-paced consumer goods environment.
- Prior experience in own label food manufacturing is advantageous but not essential, consideration will be given to wider FMCG categories.
- Successful track record of driving, implementing and embedding change.
- Someone who is a commercial astute operations leader with a significant focus on the end customer.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success. What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.