Urethane Innovators, Inc. is a custom caster of urethane products located in New Bern, NC. We are growing and wish to augment our maintenance staff to keep up with current and future demands. We offer paid vacation, health care, simple IRA, supplemental insurance, and a great growth opportunity to the right candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform highly diversified duties to maintain and troubleshoot existing production machines and the plant facility’s equipment, as well as occasional new equipment installations.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during or after production runs and performs scheduled preventative maintenance of production equipment.
- Perform basic machinist duties and responsibilities. (i.e.; drilling, tapping, lapping, cut-off saw, etc.)
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, controls, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting during the repair of production equipment.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and schematics to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose and repair Electrical equipment, DC & AC Drives, Controllers, Inverters, etc.
- Troubleshoot CNC milling equipment, lathes, Presses (Fadal, Hurco, Mazak Bridgeport)
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on various machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Troubleshooting facility vacuum systems.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Ability to work in harsh environment (ie; heat & humidity).
- Comply with local safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Mechanical & Electrical Troubleshooting Capability.
- Verbal and Written Communication are critical. Must be able to clearly communicate with operators as well as management regarding issues, status and improvements.
- Results Driven.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- An understanding of “down time” as it relates to production as well as Maintenance’s role in supporting production.
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities although the right candidate could be promoted should the need arise.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The ability to work in extreme heat is essential. Note that all positions are subject to the proper use of Personal Protection Equipment including but not limited to eye & hearing protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. This position is very active and requires extended standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the shift. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with a regular work schedule of Monday through Friday from 6:00AM to 3:00PM. However there may be instances where extended weekday hours or weekends are required in support of production needs. Also, when production scheduling demands it, a second shift may be required. The hours of this shift are typically 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- 4+ years of experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, electrical skills. Light plumbing, and HVAC experience is a plus.
- An understanding of electrical and electronics/controls is a must.
- Must be familiar with Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
- Should own basic tools required to perform most job functions.
- Basic computer skills, good written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice, at management’s discretion and in support of business needs.
Since 1977, we’ve done whatever it takes to get the job done.
We treat our employees well - like family - because they are. We let people do what they do best - find ways to solve interesting challenges - without a lot of micro-managing.
We’re ISO 9001:2015 certified to show our commitment to quality.
Role: Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Apply for this job now.