RayGen Services, an ever-growing commercial electrical contractor has an immediate need for qualified commercial electricians and electrician helpers for projects in the Baton Rouge, LA area.
· Installing and repairing electrical equipment and fixtures
· Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
· Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
· Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
· Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
· Performing routine maintenance on electrical wiring and systems
· Adhere to all company quality control standards
· Be able to perform duties in a safe and responsible manner
· Work well both independently as well as in a group setting for larger phases of the project
***Due to the specific nature of this particular job, we are seeking electricians with a strong commercial background.***
Applicants must be able to meet both the physical and mental requirements of the job, including but not limited to:
Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
Ability to safely use a ladder; walking up and down repeatedly while caring fixtures, wiring, tools, etc.
Ability to work on your feet for up to 12 hrs. per day
Must possess the required tools in order to complete the required jobs
Must possess basic mathematical and problem solving skills
Must be reliable. Possess a strong work ethic as well as attention to detail.
Must adhere to company’s strict attendance policy
Must be able to work within an environment with a moderate level of noise.
Must be able to pass a drug screen as well as submit to random testing
Must be able to operate company equipment, vehicles, etc. safely and within company guidelines.
Must possess their own hand tools that will be required to complete the necessary tasks.
Note: Interested parties will need to submit a complete resume along with a detailed work history. Applications submitted without the requested information will not be considered.
Our company may be relatively new, but it comes packed with years of know-how. With over 60 years combined experience, we ensures quality work done efficiently. Overall, our mission is to combine experience with innovation. While their work ethic remains rooted in the tried and true values of days gone by, the work they perform reaches for the future by utilizing the newest, cutting-edge technology in the electrical industry. Everything our company does is executed with the goal of offering you the most reliable, state-of-the-art services. What also separates us from its competitors are the owners' core values coupled with the use of the latest software that creates seamless transactions for all clients from bid to final inspection and closeout procedures.
Opening its doors in late 2008, we have gained immediate success by completing both large and small projects all across south Louisiana. Although our company has only been in business for a short time, the founders have all worked as colleagues for various companies for the past 20 years. After years of working for other companies, these men saw the opportunity to go into business together doing commercial work and jumped on the opportunity. They each brought with them the best of two decades of experience utilizing the best practices in the business and combined these impressive skill-sets to create an unstoppable synergy of talent and innovation.
We offer a full range of services including commercial and industrial lighting work to maintenance to low voltage wiring to even residential and commercial generator installations (view our services). Our past projects have encompassed work on office buildings all the way to multi million-dollar structures. It is clear; Our company's experience speaks for itself.
Role: Commercial Electrician
Location: Baton Rouge,
Apply for this job now.