High volume private medical practice in Newark NJ looking for the IDEAL/APPROPRIATE Bilingual candidate.
The Medical Receptionist is responsible for performing office duties, record keeping functions, receptionist duties, and administrative and follow-up functions to assist in the operation of a medical office. The Medical Receptionist will work with and receive supervision from the practice manager, physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- Answered in a courteous manner.
- Within 3 rings.
- Identifying self and practice.
- Determining and prioritizing the nature of the incoming call.
- Responds to patient communications and routes complete and accurate messages to the appropriate individual.
- Ensures patient satisfaction at the end of each call.
- Must be experience with EHR system and experience with EHI a PLUS
- Maintains patient and physician office schedules
- Schedules patient appointments according to the guidelines of the practice.
- Ensures patient access to requested provider when available
- Greets patients in a polite, prompt, helpful manner
- Registers patients according to the guidelines of the practice
- Verifies patient demographics and insurance information at each visit.
- Captures any barriers - i.e. language, vision, hearing etc.
- Exercises good judgment and communications, demonstrates an awareness of emergency situations.
- Provides information, direction and other assistance to the patient as needed.
- Establish and maintain accurate patient records and record filing system.
- Types, files, and distributes correspondence as directed.
- Maintains a consistent patient flow, and advises patients of delays in schedule.
- Monitors and maintains patient reception area; cleanliness and noise level.
- Be familiar with policies of various insurance companies.
- Verifies and explains charges to the patient. Collects any amounts due at time of service. Provides patient education as it relates to insurance and balances owed.
- Scans and indexes labs, consults etc. Backlog not to exceed 72 hours.
- Obtains and tracks patient referrals.
- Responsible for working with the care team to provide administrative assistance, as needed.
- Processes requests for medical records according to practice, State and HIPAA guidelines.
- Prepare miscellaneous reports as requested.
- Coordinate supplies and equipment needs
- Open/close office as required.
- Receive, sort, and send mail as needed.
- Maintains office supplies.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours at time). Requires continual use of fingers for patient care, writing and computer entry. Routinely uses upper extremities; occasional requirement to lift up to 25 pounds. Regularly requires ability to stoop, bend and reach above shoulder level. Requires ability to hear normal conversation and good general, near and peripheral vision.
High School graduate or equivalent. Preference given to graduates of accredited medical assistant/administrative training programs.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
One year office experience in a similar setting or graduate of accredited medical assistant/administrative training program.
Days, evenings, and weekends as assigned
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in Helms Medical Services!!
HELMS MEDICAL SERVICES was founded in 2012, as a leading provider of Medical Services, we take pride in offering the best in medical care services. We are dedicated to serving the needs of our customers each and every day. Our staff is both professional and reliable. Contact us today to book your appointment. We are here to serve and we're happy to help!
Role: Medical Front Desk Receptionist
Apply for this job now.