Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £19.54 - £24.32 per hour, Inc benefits
Reed Secure is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions for security cleared professionals.
We require a Family Liaison Officer (Op Magenta) to cover an existing workload within Kent & Essex Police, based in Sittingbourne / Northfleet (Hybrid working).
This is an interim position for an initial 12 months with the potential to be extended, dependent on workload.
- In September 2018, The Operation Magenta team was setup to complete an independent assessment of the findings contained within the Gosport Independent Panels report (published June 2018).
- Their report addresses concerns raised by families over a number of years about the initial care of their relatives in Gosport War Memorial Hospital and the subsequent investigations into their deaths.
Skills and experience needed to be successful in this role:
- Colleagues who are PIP 2 and have the extra skill of being a FLO must have been professionally trained via a recognised police course and deployed as a FLO during their career.
- If it has been some time since they were deployed, then we do provide FLO training.
- Colleagues who are employed as a FLO may initially be employed as part of an Outside Enquiry Team because this is where the volume of work is at the moment.
- There is an expectation that as a FLO and as outside enquiry team member colleagues are expected to be away from home all week, predominantly but not exclusively in the Hampshire area, supporting families, taking statements from witnesses and dealing with suspects.
This role offers a competitive salary of £19.54 per hour PAYE / £24.32 per hour Umbrella (Inside IR35) and you’ll be working via Reed who offer great benefits such as discounts, cashback offers and more as well as weekly pay.
Any offers would be subject to police vetting and right to work checks.
Please apply now and join us in loving Mondays!