Pratt Computing Technologies, a Microsoft Certified Partner, is seeking a qualified Microsoft IT Support Technician, Level II to join our growing technical team. Our ideal candidate will have 3+ years of on-site Microsoft experience in a technical support environment handling issues with a high level of accuracy, proven troubleshooting results, and customer satisfaction.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our technical support team actively resolves desktop and server support issues, network outages/troubleshooting, proactive maintenance/monitoring, and other IT/Network issues that limit a client from effectively running their business due to technical issues. These job duties are performed either remotely or on-site at our customer locations in the Knoxville, Tennessee metro area.
- Providing exceptional customer service to clients in the resolution of technical issues either remotely or face-to-face at customer sites from 8:00am - 5:00pm Mon- Fri.
- Technical issues may be infrastructure (desktops, servers, network devices etc.) or cloud (Office 365 etc.)
- Prioritizing tasks based on business need and communicating expectations to customers; escalating issues beyond established skill set
- Management of workload and ability to work well not only independently, but also as a team member to ensure team standards are met
- Accurately create and maintain documentation, complying with service administrative procedures, including service tickets, time entries and timesheets
- Manage 3rd party vendor relations/communication with numerous Line of Business Applications
- Occasionally take a turn on the help-desk
- Willing to work late or on week-ends if necessary
- As a representative of Pratt Computing, promote and maintain customer relationships through high standards of professionalism, personal appearance, ethical behavior and maturity.
- 3+ years of previous technical support experience required *MSP experience preferred
- Experience required with the following technical skills: Server Administration (2008-2016) to include Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Exchange, Office 365, etc., Virtualization (Hyper-V), Firewall Support, Layer 2 & Layer 3 Switch support, Backup Technologies, Windows Desktop OS’s (Win 7, Win 8, Win 10) and VPN troubleshooting
- Experience with management/monitoring tools such as ConnectWise, Continuum, etc.
- Ability to identify and communicate areas of improvement in documentation, communication, and technology
- Effective and professional verbal/written communications to a business audience and peers
- Current Microsoft Certifications preferred; with a commitment to continued education, and self-improvement, if are not committed to learning and growing then do not apply
- Must have a reliable vehicle to commute to and from Customer sites/Pratt’s office
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license and car insurance
WHO WE ARE
We are a unique collection of individuals who have a passion for technology and love what they do. We have the responsibility and obligation to help our clients receive what is best for them in the areas of technology and strategic planning.
Our employees are the face of our company and primarily the reason why we have such long-term client relationships, most are 10, 20, 30 or more years. They set the standard and deliver value beyond what our clients expect. We believe we are morally compelled to help our clients use various technologies to succeed as they take advantage of the 4th Industrial Revolution.
We believe in:
- Having open and honest communication with clients and each other
- Developing long-term client relationships
- Going above and beyond expectations
- Making a difference
- Having fun
- Excellence and Professionalism
- Knowing your stuff
- No Drama
- Being a team member
If you are interested in this position, include with your Resume a Detailed Cover Letter explaining why you think you are a good fit for this position.
Just as one software solution won’t solve every problem for every business, the same tech support model won’t work for every business tech support need. Our passion is to provide the best tech support solution and we are 100% committed to making sure business owners have the most reliable and professional IT service in Knoxville and East Tennessee. Our team of talented IT professionals can solve your IT nightmares once and for all.
Our clients typically have 10 to 50 workstations (up to 100), and rely on their computers, network, and Internet for daily operations. Most of our clients have a specialized line of business application that they use to run their business and rely heavily on that software being operational. They represent a broad cross-section of industries and are located in Knoxville and East Tennessee.
If you are looking for a career, not a job and join our talented team of IT professionals, please apply to our opportunities.
Role: IT Support Technician - Level II
Apply for this job now.