- Assists Traffic Manager in daily duties, preparing shippers, bar code tags, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists activities of workers engaged in loading trailers.
- Designs routes that optimize driver time. Schedules shipment by common carrier as needed, and prepares billings from tariff and classification manuals.
- Assists with shipper or consignee complaints regarding lost or damaged merchandise or shortages in shipment to determine responsibility.
- Directs preparation of claims against carrier responsible and corresponds with shipper or consignee to effect settlement.
- Assists with scheduled shipments to ensure compliance with interstate traffic laws and regulations and company policies.
- Daily reviews incoming shipments for coordination with receiving supervisor. Daily reviews customer due dates and confirms completed status for loads to be shipped. Coordinates loads in local areas for convenience.
Find CAREER opportunities at industry leading West Michigan companies.
Coastal Careers, Inc.
636 E. 24th Street Suite 30
Role: Shipping Receiving Clerk for Steel Company Split 3rd Shift
Apply for this job now.