I'm recruiting for my Wakefield based manufacturing Client on an exclusive basis an experienced Transport Supervisor to join their very successful, friendly business.
Duties will include;
- Day to day supervision of drivers and vehicles within the depot
- Schedule loads and route planning to ensure best utilisation of the fleet
- Monitor driver performance and achievement of KPI targets
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Company procedures, EU legislation and WTD regulations
- Provide administrative support to the management team
- Booking of agency resource as when required
- Ensure compliance with the trading standards and conditions set by the Company
- Processing of paperwork, PODs, timesheets, etc
- Dealing with drivers, suppliers and sub contractors
The successful candidate:
- Must have some experience in a Transport Environment, with transport planning/routing.
Will ideally have a genuine interest in the Transport Industry and looking for a
- Must be a team player and willing to help others.
- Will have good IT skills including Sage and Excel
- Must be able to communicate well, both verbal and written.
This role is offered on a temporary to permanent basis.
An hourly rate of between £11.50 - £13.50 will be offered dependent upon experience.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 0700 - 1500 or 0800 - 1600