Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
3rd Line Technical Engineer - Cheltenham - Global Organisation - £40k
Your new company
A global organisation with offices located in the Cheltenham area.
Your new role
The Engineer shall be part of the team setting the overall technology strategy for the business in conjunction with other senior technical colleagues. The role shall also include ensuring that the technology will support the current and future requirements of the business, including the Capacity, Performance, and Availability required for our enterprise applications. The successful candidate shall participate in analysis and/or delivery of future-state capabilities, and work on the current IT environment to detect critical deficiencies, recommending and implement solutions for improved capability to driving the business forward.
Take ownership for the technical delivery of projects ensuring implementation, documentation and handover to support are completed fully to a high standard. Ability and willingness to occasionally travel to branch office in UK&I is required.
Responsibilities: - Contributing to, and be a part of the creation and implementation of the Architecture roadmap and vision, which shall include:
- Implement technology projects, working as part of an internal project team or with external vendor project management, to ensure project delivery is achieved.
- Participating in the implementation of the group wide Cyber Security projects and other global technical projects as required.
- Support lifecycle management activities for all elements of the infrastructure working with the Applications team with regards to compatibility and roadmap compliance.
- Participate in infrastructure selection decisions, including ongoing digital transformation and modern workplace adoption.
- Implement Infrastructure standards and IT portfolio tool set, which includes all networking, storage, server, compute, and end user provided equipment, inclusive of mobile devices. This shall also include all Commercially Off-The-Shelf (COTS) productivity software applications, where such applications are not agronomy, agriculture or business unit specific, (e.g. Office, Word, Excel, Adobe) and all Operating System decisions across the enterprise.
- Supporting the development of future digital platforms and strategy through integration with existing technologies and the selection and implementation of new technologies.
- Identify and implement projects to proactively ensure that business get maximum value for the investment in technology in line with the IT strategy and be a thought leader for technology adoption.
- Acting as a point of technical escalation and ownership for critical problems that cannot be resolved in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd line (vendor) teams.
- Assist in mentoring Service Delivery resources to build technical team capability and capacity.
- Being responsible for and manage infrastructure changes as part of a robust Change Management Process and supporting its evolution.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate shall have at least 5 years' experience and skills some or all of the following areas;-
- Enterprise System Management including SCCM & Intune MDM & MAM.
- Possess a strong understanding of Active Directory & Azure AD service delivery including;
- AD Sync, Conditional Access, MFA, Identity Protection & Enterprise Cloud Apps.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong understanding and experience of Microsoft 365 services including and not limited to;
- Security & Compliance, Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint, User Management & Licensing purchasing.
- Citrix XenApp 7.15 including management of VDisks & applications availability.
- Solid understanding of network, switching, routing protocols and infrastructure security.
- Microsoft infrastructure, including Windows Servers, Group Policy & Always on VPN.
- Experience with BitLocker encryption & Microsoft ATP.
- Experience of Extreme Wireless Networks.
- Firewall Management ideally with Fortinet, Cisco ASA or Sophos XG.
- Understanding of Cyber Security practices and technologies including Identity and Access management, IDS, IPS
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for technology and technology adoption to drive business benefit.
- Possess an ability to product good quality documentation and provide a good technical handover.
- Be a self-starter with proven track record of technical delivery.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to join a rapidly growing, global organisation going through a period of exciting change. You will work within a progressive environment with a generous benefits package alongside free parking onsite.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Role: 3rd Line Technical Engineer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Cheltenham, England, England
Apply for this job now.