Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams is searching for a Service Assistant to join our Battery team.
At Jeni's, we are devoted to making better ice creams and bringing people together. Our scoop shops are at the heart of how we serve this mission. They are where we offer the ice creams we work so hard to build from the ground up—where people come together to share joy and conversation. We love people. We love ice cream. We view ice cream as a form of art.
Service Assistants are full-time employees responsible for leading shifts and performing limited executive functions, including inventory management, deposits, and bank runs. Service Assistants act as coaches and role models for the shop team and are experts in all on-the-line operations and service functions.
Service Assistants will report directly into a Shopkeeper or Shopkeeper Apprentice and their training will be specialized around all Daily Operation functions with an additional focus on training and coaching Ambassadors and communicating up to leadership, ensuring shifts run smoothly while providing world-class customer service.
Qualities of a Service Assistant:
· Full-time presence with night and weekend availability
· Passion for customer service and exemplary role model
· Energetic, positive, and skillful communicator
· Strong work ethic, great judgement, and good heart
· Calm under pressure and handles adversity with grace
· Master of daily operations and delegation
Benefits of a Service Assistant:
· Competitive hourly rate + tips
· Full-time hours
· Paid time off and holidays
· 4% match on 401k contributions after 1 year of employment
· A one-month paid sabbatical after 3 years of continuous service
· Annual paid day to volunteer for a non-profit organization that matters to you
· 50% discount at Jeni's Scoop Shops and online
· Career development toward Shopkeeper Apprentice and beyond
About Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams:
Founded by Jeni Britton Bauer in 2002, Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams is a B Corporation headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, with scoop shops in over ten cities across the country, making it possible for members of Team Jeni's who are interested in developing their careers, or transitioning to a new city, to have meaningful opportunities to learn, grow, and explore.
While upholding rigorous safety and cleanliness standards has always been part of how we operate at Jeni's, due to Covid-19 we have added additional measures in our scoop shops to optimally support the safety and health of our employees and customers, including providing contactless service and practicing social distancing, while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
Our Service Assistants make a difference in their shop, their community, and in how they lead their team and serve their customers. If this opportunity sounds delicious to you, please apply.