Relief Nurse/Relief Night Nurse
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Innage Grange, Bridgnorth, Shropshire
Coverage care is a not for profit organisation with 14 care homes in Shropshire providing EMI, Nursing and Residential facilities. Innage Grange is a purpose built care home for service users with dementia and nursing needs.
Relief Nurse (RGN/RMN) / Relief Night Nurse (RGN/RMN)
Post Objective: To lead a team of care and support workers to deliver high quality nursing care as part of the care team and to assist, identify and address the physical, social, intellectual, psychological, spiritual and emotional needs of service users. In accordance with Coverage Care’s Code of Practice and all current relevant legislation.
Job Description - Summary of Principal Responsibilities:
- To provide a high standard of direct nursing to service users, based on the assessment of care needs and consultation with the service users, their relatives and the care team. Where the predominant need of an individual service user relates to their mental health needs, their clinical nursing care will be assessed, planned, implemented and regularly reviewed by a nurse.
- To build and maintain good relationships with residents and their relatives, and involve all as fully as possible with all aspects of care and to keep next of kin informed of significant changes in a service user’s condition
- To continuously evaluate the quality of care given, and regularly reassess the needs of service users in consultation with the service users, their relatives and the care team, and to effect change required to achieve planned goals.
- To individually, and as a team member, seek to identify improvements in service users care.
- To promote at all times, the health and wellbeing of service users and to ensure each service user has an active, varied and interesting life which respects individual choice and capability.
- To work with the nursing and care team to set standards for care, informed through evidence based practice, and act as a role model at all times.
- To take the clinical lead with individual service users in respect of tissue viability, pressure relief, nutrition, continence and wound management. To exercise this responsibility through participating in the care planning.
- To plan care and implement care plans and to document any interventions, whether advisory or through direct care, in the support plan in line with professional (NMC) guidelines. To contribute to reports, reviews and assessments by maintaining and updating records as required in order to enhance the quality of services in relation to maintaining the well-being, dignity, quality of life and environment of the service users.
- To fulfil the role of ‘Named Nurse’ for designated individuals.
- To liaise with GP, chiropodist, occupational therapist, physiotherapist and other members of the primary care team(s). To refer to, and liaise with appropriate specialist nurses linked to the PCT(s).
- To direct the interventions of the key-workers to ensure high standards of all social aspects of care.
- To administer and order medication for services users in line with current policy and procedures.
- Ensure that service user confidentiality & dignity is maintained at all times.
- To ensure that all staff are working to company policies and procedures, and to take appropriate action to ensure that standards are reached and maintained.
- To provide guidance, instruction, and supervision to qualified and unqualified staff as appropriate in all aspects of care and to act as a mentor to new or less experienced staff.
- To participate in appropriate training and attend staff meetings as requested by the Manager. To continuously review your nursing practices to develop new skills and knowledge through continuous professional development and training that contributes to the enhancement of patient care skills.
- As a member of the senior team, support the Manager in meeting the Company’s policies, procedures and legal obligations. Additionally, ensure that you are always up to date with company issues and performance targets, and undertake company projects as and when required.
- To work within the NMC codes of conduct and Scope of Practice, and within the company and Home’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure that health and safety regulations and equal opportunities are adhered to at all times. Be aware of emergency procedures, report hazards to the Nurse in Charge or Manager and respond to emergencies as appropriate.
- To ensure the effective and efficient use of all home resources.
- Ensure the service provision is anti-discriminatory and culturally sensitive responding to individual needs, with regard to race, religion, culture, language, gender, sexual orientation, age and disability.
- A commitment is made to equal opportunities in the organisation.
The duties in this job description are not exhaustive, but instead, are representative of the type of work required in the post. The post holder will, therefore, be required to undertake other duties deemed appropriate and consistent with the purpose of the job. This role may involve shift patterns to include day, evening & weekend working.
Job Type: Contract
Location: Bridgnorth, Shropshire, Shropshire
Apply for this job now.