Site Manager - 12 Weeks Freelance - Lincoln
Apartments - FF&E Refurb
Project to start 2ndJuly
This is an opportunity for a Site Manager to work for a growing regional contractor, who specialise within FF&E refurb and fit out, mainly working on high end apartments across the UK, typically between £100k and £200k.
The role - Site Manager
- You will be an experienced Site Manager, reporting to a Contracts Manager who will be on site at least once a week and will be responsible for managing and controlling the day to day site activities to meet programmes in accordance with the company policies and procedures on refurbishment projects.
- There also will be a hands-on project manager who will assist with all ordering and keeping the project on programme. There will be direct labour on site and a foreman beneath you for the roofing element of the works, however the rest of the packages on the job have been subcontracted out, otherwise will just be managing a program and the contractors on site.
- Achieve production targets and carry out programming and monitoring to ensure that deadlines are met
- Read and understand specifications, drawings, preliminaries, preambles and contract documentation
- Produce H&S and O&M on completion of projects
- Requisition and management of materials/delivery
- Issue subcontractors with regular short term programmes to ensure planned progress is achieved
- Hold progress meetings
- Display on site an up to date copy of the construction programme indicating the progress to date
- Give full consideration to the tender allowances when establishing the site compound
- Liaise with the design team, clients, subcontractors and suppliers to and maintain good working relationships
- Attend monthly cost meetings and agree contribution forecast
- Ensure full compliance with all Health & Safety aspects
- Obtain risk assessments and method statements from contractors prior to work commencement
- Handle all customer care issues in a timely and professional manor
The successful candidate will ideally;
- Have experience delivering projects involving structural works, including demolitions (needs to have worked with installation of steels).
- Be able to read drawings and troubleshoot.
- Have either be trade qualified and/or have an HND or equivalent qualification in construction management.
- Have experience as Site Manager for a main contractor.
- Experience in delivering new build and refurbishment projects in excess of £1Million as a no1 site manager.
- Be happy to travel to Lincoln to work (there will be on site parking).
Apply for this position below or alternatively, for further information, please contact me ASAP. Sid Choudhury 07812115091 or
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please see the other vacancies on our website #removed#, we are specialists within White Collar Construction Recruitment and have a range of posts available on a permanent or freelance basis.
Role: Site Manager
Job Type: Contract
Location: Lincoln, East Midlands
Apply for this job now.