What We're Looking For:
We are looking for individuals passionate about transforming higher education and joining an innovative team dedicated to disrupting the existing education model. 2U's incredible company culture is driven by leaders in every area of our company, and it starts right here with the People team. We're looking for a dynamic Associate to join our HR Business Partner team to provide support across all stages of the employee lifecycle. Successful candidates will have a basic background in HR, effective communication skills, be action-oriented, and demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Work directly with multiple HR Business Partners to support the management teams and employees in their assigned business units on all people strategy initiatives.
- Help to drive completion of work with business leaders and HRBPs in areas such as performance management, organizational design, succession planning, career pathing, etc.
- Guide managers through the performance management process and employee coaching conversations in order to enhance employee performance and engagement.
- Provide consultation to managers on HR related issues including guidance around policies and procedures to ensure best practice and compliance.
- In partnership with ER Specialists and HRBPs, provide guidance to employees and/or managers on employee relations issues.
- Advocate for our company culture. Ensure culture is the central tenet in the choices we make and the advice HR provides to the company in maintaining a culture of accountability and trust.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic understanding of employment law.
- General analytic and problem-solving skills. You should have the ability to approach each scenario from all perspectives.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal communication, customer service background, and comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems or reporting tools.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Focused on achieving defined results and exceeding goals and objectives.
- Ability to bring out other people's potential and talents.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U's equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.