*There are 2 positions open for Assistant Manager- Woodbridge, Matawan and East Brunswick. We are also looking for a general manager for our east brunswick location, which you can apply for via this post as well. We may potentially hire 1 person to cover 2 or 3 of the stores. The starting compensation is $12/hour plus tips. Food management experience is a must.
The Assistant Restaurant Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the location. The AM carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Assistant Manager is directly responsible for a full staff of assistant managers, shift leaders, and employees. The RM will report directly to an Area Manager, VP of Operations, and Company Owners.
- Check products to ensure consistency, palatability, and flavor conformity.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, and accommodations.
- Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented up to Company standards.
- Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted by utilizing appropriate computer systems and software.
- Schedule staff hours utilizing appropriate systems/software and assign duties to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation.
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance in lodging and dining facilities.
- Keep records required by government agencies regarding sanitation, and food subsidies when appropriate.
- Establish and evaluate standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Review work procedures and operational problems to determine ways to improve service, performance, or safety.
- Perform some food preparation or service tasks such as cooking, clearing tables, and serving food and drinks when necessary.
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records one per week.
- Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, hire new staff, and evaluate employee performance in dining and lodging facilities.
- Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
- Review and analyze the number, type, and cost of items sold to determine which items may be unpopular or less profitable.
- Assess staffing needs, and recruit staff using Company methods such as advertisements or attendance at job fairs.
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services such as waste removal and pest control.
- Utilize point of sale cash register. Count money and make bank deposits.
- Fill out business or government forms, maintains records, reports, or files and safety reports.
- Adhere to Company opening and closing procedures and maintain accompanying records.
Role: Restaurant Assistant Manager
Apply for this job now.