Private Duty/Home Health nursing positions available No prior experience required. Other cases close to home and flexible hours.
We welcome new grads.
Apply at #removed#-1.com
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00/hour
POSITION DESCRIPTION HOME HEALTH NURSE
General Purpose: Provides quality nursing care to the client according to physician’s orders and in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
Supervision Received:Position reports to and receives supervision from the Team Leader and/or the Nursing Supervisor. Supervision Executed: None Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
None Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality and safe nursing care to the client according to physician’s orders; provides nursing care that reflects the client’s healthcare plans; promotes the health, safety, and development of the client.
- Implements procedures and treatments accurately and documents these appropriately.
- Writes progress notes legibly and completely every two hours at a minimum. Completes and accurately documents thorough assessments every shift and as needed. Assessments will include vital signs, a review of systems, functional status, a review of medication actions and side effects, sensory status, integumentary system, pain and effectiveness of pain management methods.
- Communicates and cooperates with every team member including teachers, therapist, nursing supervisor, physicians, Durable Medical Equipment Providers (DME), parents/guardians to implement and coordinate an effecting nursing plan of care.
- Maintains client equipment per home schedule and documents maintenance on task sheets.
- Utilizes equipment and manages supplies in appropriate, safe, and cost effective manner.
- Provides a clean, orderly, and safe environment for the client.
- Administers medications and treatments according to physician orders, completes documentation legibly, and reports any undesirable effects to doctor and nurse supervisor as needed.
- Provides or assists with activities of daily living using standard nursing practices.
- Completes interim doctor’s orders, makes changes in nursing plan of care, communicates changes to family and staff, and forwards orders to office within 24 hours.
- Reports for duty on time and with dependability.
- Promotes teamwork by sharing information and with open communication to solve problems.
- Responds promptly to client/family requests; promotes customer satisfaction.
- Provides staff development and hands-on training to ensure quality nursing care.
- Performs all duties within the parameters of the Nurse Practice Act.
- Complies with all state, federal, local laws, and American Home Health Corporation’s Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in client case conferences and team meetings.
- Remains current in clinical knowledge base and skills. Maintains knowledge base by participating in continuing education.
- Keeps personnel file complete and up to date.
- Participates in special meetings or committees.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Education and Experience: Current State of Illinois nursing license as Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse with at least one year of experience in nursing.
- Knowledge and Skills:Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Effective time management skills. Ability to utilize critical thinking skills to resolve untoward issues in collaboration with peers, office support and supervisory staff in support of the plan of care.
- Special Requirements: Knowledge of approved and non-approved abbreviations used in nursing.
- Tools and Equipment: Fax machine, copier, shredder and pen.
- Physical Demands: Ability to see, hear, and speak; to sit for long periods of time; to stand, bend, ability to lift up to 50 pounds for private duty and 20 pounds for intermittent.
- Work Environment: The noise level is moderate.
While the job description identifies essential functions of the job, if an applicant is disabled and therefore challenged by any of these functions, American Home Health Corporation will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an otherwise qualified applicant to participate in the position of Home Health Nurse.
- I have reviewed and understand the above job description and believe it to be accurate and complete, and I can successfully fulfill each duty or task. I also agree that management retains the right to change this position description at any time.
- I agree to pursue the responsibilities outlined above and to understand that this document will be used as the basis for evaluation once a year.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/ or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- This position requires a background check.
Founded in 1992 by Jan Fulfs, a Registered Nurse, American Home Health Corporation provides a full range of reliable, professional home healthcare services for all ages. With over thirty years experience as a nurse, Jan understands the importance of nurturing patients and focusing the care on their needs.
Our primary goal is to provide support services that allow a patient to be at home. By giving attentive and consistent care, we alleviate physical and emotional burdens on the family. With hundreds of licensed nurses, and a support staff of therapists and nurses' aides, we are able to provide a full range of services, including private duty, pediatric and adult home healthcare services, infusion therapy, and rehabilitation services.
American Home Health provides home health services throughout the greater Chicago area. The company is dedicated to excellence in care. Extensive background checks, reference calls and individualized training insure quality care all day, every day.
American Home Health is a preferred provider for most commercial insurance carriers, HMO’s, managed care organizations and state and federal government agencies.
Role: Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN
Apply for this job now.