Company: BEYER MECHANICAL
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Employment Status: Full-Time
Reports To: Production Manager
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to shop or job promptly, neatly, and professionally.
- Assist mechanics as directed and concentrate on learning skills by observing, asking questions and participating in the work being performed.
- Follow written or verbal instruction on equipment, piping, ductwork, and any other instruction given by supervisors and mechanics.
- Take proper safety precautions to protect customer and company property.
- Anticipate needs of job and use time and materials efficiently.
- Pursue work assignments in an orderly manner employing proper techniques, good judgment, cleanliness, accurate records, and pride in workmanship.
- Refer job site decisions and customer relations to mechanic.
- Responsible for turning in list of materials used at job each day, unless directed otherwise.
- Clean and load trucks.
- Clean jobs and organize materials, tool, etc. daily on all jobs.
- Attend ABC training classes.
- Finish jobs in budget (80% of all jobs).
- Run Plan & Spec projects with multiple crews and minimal supervision.
- Start up, balance, and check equipment for proper operation.
- Measure and fit pipe (PVC, iron and copper).
- Perform leak testing (Bubble, halide, and electronic type) dehydrating, and charging of refrigeration systems.
- Select, size, and install copper power and control wiring.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to perform all types of soldering (95-5, silfos, silver solder and soft solder).
- Knowledge of measuring, fabricating, and installing fiberglass and sheetmetal ductwork.
- Knowledge of Acetylene and arc welding and cutting.
- Knowledge of ductilators and pipe sizing charts.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, wiring diagrams, and installation instructions.
- Knowledge of city and state codes.
Must provide own tools or acquire within 90 days of hire.
- 1 Flash Light Or Drop Light
- 1 Hard Hat
- 1 Safety Glasses
- 1 Hammer, Claw
- 1 Hammer, Sheetmetal
- 1 25 Ft Tape Measure (1" Blade)
- 1 Staple Gun
- 1 Hand Tong
- 1 Crimper
- 1 Torpedo Level
- 1 1/4" Screw Chuck
- 1 5/16" Screw Chuck
- 1 Electric Drill Motor
- 1 Snips (Red & Green)
- 1 100 Ft Extension Cord (Gfi)
- 1 Set Of Screwdrivers
- 1 Duct Stretcher
- 1 Whitney Punch
- 1 Punch (Ice Pick)
- 1 Hacksaw
- 1 Duct Knife
- 1 Tubing Cutter (Up To 1 3/8:)
- 1 Panduit Gun
- 1 Nut Driver (Red 1/4")
- 1 Nut Driver (Yellow 5/16")
- 1 Channel Locks
- 1 18" Pipe Wrench
- 1 Plumb Bob
- 1 Cordless Drill (Optional)
- 1 Vise Grip
- 1 Key Hole Saw
- 1 Chalk Box
- 2 Paint Brushes
- 1 Sawsall
- 1 Torch Set
- 1 Vacuum Pump
- 1 Refrigeration Gage
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.