Reporting to and working under the general supervision of the Energy Manager, the Utility Meter Technician supports one or multiple clients with primary responsibility for maintaining Utility Meters.
- Installation electronics including repeaters, transmitters and data collectors on a variety of Automatic Meter Reading Systems (AMR) for electric, water, gas, BTU metering
- Perform maintenance on existing systems to ensure proper operation.
- Ensure compliance with regulations regarding utility sub-meter equipment.
- Work independently and manage time to ensure work is completed timely and proficiently.
- Create detailed reports for each service.
- Receive inbound & make outbound calls while maintaining professional communication with customers, suppliers, and company representatives.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Assist with on going troubleshooting of AMR issues.
- Assist in ordering of needed equipment.
- Able to use a Windows-based laptop with basic experience in Excel
- Eagerness to learn and gain expertise in the metering field and associated applications
- Independently manage time and workload to meet deadlines
- Able to effectively and clearly communicate
- Able to lift 60 pounds.
- Ability and willingness to climb various heights and work from ladders.
- Ability and willingness to work in cramped conditions like attic spaces, and meet other physical demands
- Mechanically inclined and has experience working with a variety of hand tools
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record (no more than 2 violations in the last 3 years)
- Strong working knowledge commercial plumbing
- Knowledge about how to install a water submeter
- May require you to provide direction to contractors working on AMR type work
Job located in the DMV. Must be willing to travel.