The Retail Solar Advisor is the brand ambassador and first point of contact for customers. It takes resilience, people skills, self-motivation and team work to be successful. With extensive sales, product and marketing training, you will create awareness of the Sunrun brand and educate potential customers about our services. You will engage in conversations, qualify homes for solar and schedule in-home consultations with your teammate counterpart, Sales Consultant.
Sunrun has a strong culture that believes in grass roots team cultivation. Top performers, solution innovators are leaned on for new innovation and considered for promotion as we rapidly expand and grow in our existing territories, new footprints and business ventures. Your hard work and success will be rewarded financially and professionally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Professionally represent Sunrun as an ambassador to our vision, driving increased solar awareness
- Engage customers in retail locations, offering them Sunrun’s solar service solutions
- Meet team and individual sales goals set each month
- Collaborate with Field Sales Consultants to help them qualify leads, design systems, and close deals
- Develop and nurture relationships with retail store management at a local level
- Conduct solar seminars and events for 20 or more people in a retail store or marketing event
REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND OTHER SKILLS)
- 2 years prior experience in a quota-driven sales position highly preferred
- Proficient with email, MS Office, and CRM tools
- Flexible working weekends, evenings and some holiday shifts
- 2 years sales experience or 2 years customer service experience - high customer interaction (indoor, outdoor or retail)
- Slightly obsessive about providing a great customer experience, in all the right ways
- Self-starter, integrity, passionate, high energy, people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and/or ability to commute reliably to retail locations
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position involves constant standing and moving in a retail warehouse environment. It requires standing in one location for the entire shift, except during meal and rest periods. Occasional lifting up to 30 pounds, reaching, stooping, and kneeling are also required.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Sunrun is the nation’s largest dedicated residential solar provider, creating low-cost energy solutions that bring sustainable power to the people. Customers can choose from service plans that allow them to pay only for power—not panels—because Sunrun owns, maintains, and monitors the entire system, letting homeowners receive a low, locked-in rate each month.
Role: Retail Solar Advisor-Base + Commissions, Benefits
Apply for this job now.