As the single point of accountability, the Account Manager is responsible for implementing, developing, driving continuous improvement, and articulating customer value. The goal is to ensure customer delight, which leads to customer retention and growth. The Account Manager supports the customer’s core nursery support operations across multiple offices and geographies. Account Managers will work with the Sales Team and the CEO to create and implement new approaches to client retention and satisfaction assurance, market analysis, and up-selling and cross-selling opportunities.
The primary function or overall purpose of your position is to ensure EZ Rack’s Customers have satisfaction with the key work processes associated with EZR Customer Programs. Your role will also entail identifying new opportunities within a current business portfolio, generating demand, and selling creative solutions/services to drive growth through relationship building, problem solving, and providing exceptional service.
The Account Management key work processes are as follows:
Rack Rental Program:
· Program Management (Deployment, Program Performance Management)
· Order Management (Ordering, Delivery, Inventory Reconciliation Process)
· Customer Support (Seeking Information, Program Satisfaction, Issues Resolution and Problem Solver)
· Sales (Serving the Needs and Requirements of the Customer, Developing Customer, Growing Sales Opportunities)
· Contract Management (Agreement Renewal, Changes, Updates, and Tracking)
· Lean/Continuous Improvement (Dashboards; Development of Improvement Plans and Tactics with Implementation and Execution)
Considered a subject matter expert (SME) on the Customer’s operations and activities, particularly, the details of systems and processes that have an impact on operations. Strong abilities to implement plans, programs and processes focused on customer service, support, and improvement. You will drive the business forward by evaluating process and procedures and organizing the work flow to enhance the customer experience. You will build relationships with the customer’s other company and EZR functions, will stay abreast of business changes, and will manage changes that may impact the customer experience as well as solve customer issues. Understanding all Customers’ expectations and exceptions. Communicate customer needs and requirements throughout the business in line with contractual agreements and EZR vision.
The position will require competencies as follows: Customer Relationship Management and Support, Program and Project Management, Order Management, Sales, Contract Management, and Lean/Continuous Improvement
Education and Experience:
· Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management or similiar
· 5 plus years of sales/account management experience in the Logistics industry or some type of account management in a similar industry.
· Experience working with nurseries, a plus but not required.
· Ability to clearly communicate effectively across all media- in person, phone, email, and ability to present to small audiences internally and externally if needed.
· Self-driven with the ability to stay calm in a busy and fast-paced environment, and maintain a high level of accomplishment with minimal supervision.
· Great attention to detail and consistently looks for ways to improve your processes.
· An upbeat and friendly person who enjoys working with people and is excited by a consistently growing, changing work environment.
· Experience in a position in operations or a history of working with an operations team or company.
• Must have account management or customer support experience
• Must be energetic and have a positive attitude
• Must have a track record of measurable, positive client satisfaction and growth
• Must be able to travel on a limited basis
• Must be a proactive problem solver
• Must demonstrate a bias for action and implementation
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks
• Must be viewed in EZR as a champion for the customer and a subject matter expert in the customer, the customer stakeholders, the customer’s business processes, the customer’s IT infrastructure, and the customer’s business needs and requirements
• Must have firm understanding of operational costs
• Must exhibit ethical conduct and behavior
• Must have a results orientation
• Must be self-directing and self-motivating
• Must have excellent follow-up skills, with a keen eye for details
• Must have a strong sense of urgency and able to produce results in a time-sensitive setting
• Must have a strong customer focus
• Must be able to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Must be data driven
• Must have fact-based management skills
• Must have interpersonal and influencing skills
• Must have persuasive communication skills
• Must be able to make presentations to customers
• Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Must be able to gain knowledge and proficiency with inventory and logistics software and systems
• Must have demonstrated ability to provide outstanding customer service when faced with a challenge
Specialized Knowledge or Skills:
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience with influencing skills and a validated ability to motivate customers and co-workers, preferably experience with a logistics or similar business
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and lead the development and implementation of initiatives in a cross functional business environment: Operations, Sales, Accounting, Finance, IT, and Administration
• Knowledge of Logistics in the United States including the understanding of reverse logistics, final mile delivery models, and logistics and inventory processes a plus
• Knowledge of Independent Grower and Nursery Industry in the United States is a plus
• Knowledge of Independent Garden Center, Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Garden Center, and/or Big Box Retail Garden Centers in the United States is a plus
• Continually demonstrate a complete understanding of EZR strategies, operational need(s) and corporate objectives
• Knowledge and experience with Customer Support and Sales
• Knowledge and experience with Order Management
• Knowledge and experience with Inventory Management Process
• Knowledge and experience with Contract Management Process
• Knowledge and experience with Program Management and Project Management
• Knowledge and experience with Process Standardization
• Knowledge and experience of Cost Reduction Methodologies (Lean, Continuous Improvement)
• Own the relationship between EZR and its customers.
• Act as the first line of defense for customer-satisfaction issues.
• Manage existing Nursery Rack customer relationships across the U.S. with weekly communication with the companies top 10 Nursery customers.
• Develop highly effective relationships with executives, departments and primary points of contact.
• Penetrates the account by making contacts and building relationships at multiple levels and in multiple departments within the account.
• Works with and influences account team members (account management and operational resources) across geographies and/or divisions to execute the account strategy and deliver results.
• Grow share of wallet within existing customer base by identifying new opportunities for growth by identifying additional EZR services to fit client needs.
• Ensure that clients are maintaining recommended best practices with our rental and sales models. Reviews financial, volume and service performance reports and adjusts (pricing, process, etc.) that create efficiencies and drive continuous improvement
• Document each client organizations’ processes and procedures and obtain necessary customer approvals as needed
• Coordinate and support customer events and activities, including site visits, customer or industry events and tradeshows.
• Conduct regular business reviews (MBR/QBR/YBR) leveraging internal data and market intelligence to gain customer insights, and understand positive and negative trends in data, to uncover new opportunities for growth, increase sales, and retain and grow the business by presenting strategic solutions to customers.
• Monitor customer satisfaction and profitability to plan
• Monitor and understand competitor strategies, products and pricing patterns
• Stays informed of changes within the customers’ business, industry and sector through regular customer communication and applies that knowledge to identify new opportunities.
• Creates annual account/portfolio budgets and plans that are reviewed frequently and managed to achieve desired outcomes.
• Energetic personality that’s approaches stakeholders in a positive and constructive manner seeking effective and efficient collaboration
• Ensure KPIs are developed, deployed, monitored, and leveraged to the benefits of EZR. Includes capability to track performance, implement corrective or optimal actions, and monitor/track improvement initiatives
• Monitor the performance of EZR to insure compliance and alignment with customer requirements and contractual obligations. Work closely with Sales and Account Management to set performance targets for each Customer and drive continuous improvement through project management and metric improvement.
• Integrate with internal EZR stakeholders as appropriate to gather, consolidate, analyze, and disseminate data and information
• Assist and support in the designing, re-designing, building, updating, modifying, implementing, training, using and/or improving of a modern IT system that supports EZR, our customers, and our end use customer’s needs, requirements, and objectives.
• Promote continuous improvement in process and personnel at EZR
• Visits to Client Sites, potential Client Sites, Repackagers, and any other EZR offices. (as needed)
1. Review operations, understand business processes, develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), customer development/penetration, business reviews, and other agendas consistent with the above responsibilities.
Role: Account Manager - Nursery
Location: El Segundo,
Apply for this job now.