Skilled Vehicle Electrician required for my Oxfordshire based client, a global leader in the design and manufacture of special purpose heavy goods vehicles.
Working as part of a dedicated build team you will be responsible for the installation and integration of electrical / electronic control systems for special purpose and bespoke vehicles.
The sucessful candidate should have experience with bespoke vehicle building (ideally HGV) and a good knowledge of the fundamentals of electrical wiring, as well as the ability to interpret wiring diagrams from existing vehicle electrical systems.
Other skills which are desirable but not essential are:
- Ability to communicate electrical issues to non-electrical colleagues
- Ability to diagnose electrical malfunctions within automotive systems
- Complex problem solving
- Ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Basic mechanical skills
- Knowledge of pneumatic control systems