COMPANY: STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Review and validation of regulatory and industry standard models, focussed on SIMM and GSIMM.
- Independent Implementation of benchmark models (C++).
- Development of alternative models and methodologies in order to assess model risk.
- Day to day support of stakeholders in all model related questions.
- Liaise with front office, model developers, and other stakeholders to ensure speedy review and validation of new models and methodologies.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- Higher degree (MSc, PhD, DEA) in highly numerical subject such as mathematics or physics. A PhD is preferred. Candidates with educational backgrounds in less technical subjects such as economics, banking or finance will not be considered.
- Strong knowledge of mathematics and stochastic calculus.
- Sound judgement in assessing the strength and weaknesses of modelling approaches.
- Experience in either a model validation or model development role with exposure to SIMM and Regulatory models.
- Knowledge of the current overall Regulatory environment and specifically SIMM related issues.
- Solid experience of implementing derivative valuation models in C++ in either a Front Office or Model Validation environment.
- Knowledge of Financial Mathematics for derivatives pricing, and associated numerical methods, e.g. Monte Carlo, PDEs and numerical integration.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively as part of a Global Team. Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong writing skills with an ability to present conclusions and recommendations from technical projects to a less technical audience.
- Ability to liaise effectively with IT professionals, Front Office quants and Model Developers.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
If you're ready to take on your next challenge, apply now.
We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation.
To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Culture Fit Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioural fit to our culture.
The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory.
Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.