Executive Coordinator - Competitive - Concord, New Hampshire
Do you have a minimum of three years' administrative experience supporting senior leadership, preferably in a non-profit organization? If so, the New Hampshire Community Loan Fund, a state-wide non-profit community development financial institution, are looking for an Executive Coordinator.
The successful candidate will serve as a primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Executive Office, working collaboratively and demonstrating a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
The key responsibilities of an Executive Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the President and Chief Operating Officer to manage all governance processes for the organization.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the governance processes and protocols of the organization, including in-depth knowledge of bylaws, policies and committee responsibilities that fall under the board.
- Writing and editing drafts and/or prepares memos, letters, presentation materials, tables, spreadsheet and other documents on behalf of the President and Chief Operating Officer using appropriate software (Office 365 Suite Including-Word PowerPoint, Excel).
The New Hampshire Community Loan Fund is a state-wide non-profit community development financial institution. Our mission is to serve as a catalyst, leveraging financial, human, and civic resources to enable traditionally underserved people to participate more fully in New Hampshire's economy.
We do this by: providing loans, capital and technical assistance; complementing and extending the reach of conventional lenders and public institutions; and bringing people and institutions together to solve problems.
The key skills and qualities of an Executive Coordinator:
- Minimum of (3) years administrative experience supporting senior leadership preferably in a non-profit organization and/or Associates degree in related field and/or combination of education and experience preferred.
- Experience with board level interaction and support preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail; Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders including staff, Board members, external partners and customers.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.