esure have a fantastic opportunity for an IT Procurement Manager to join our head office in Reigate. This is a full time, permanent position.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing IT procurement on behalf of esure. This includes accountability for IT sourcing activity and category management as well as delivery of measurable value using best practice tools and techniques in accordance with esure's procurement policy, process and strategy whilst keeping the customer at the core of every decision.
- Procurement business partner for IT stakeholders at all levels for both consultative and procurement led activity based on the value/risk procurement engagement model.
- Proactively engage, advise and influence stakeholders in order to develop and implement appropriate sourcing and category strategies to improve business performance whilst mitigating supply chain.
- Deliver a professional and highly commercial service, responsive to the needs of the business and operational service delivery.
- Analyse and ensure category spend data is accurate and relevant to facilitate effective decision making.
- Develop, build and execute category plans and strategy as agreed with the Head of Procurement. Plans will include a supplier management plan and strategy as appropriate for the category/ies in scope.
- Develop category plan/s strategy through collaboration with relevant business stakeholders to ensure full buy in before final sign off.
- Apply in-depth understanding of how the business and the external marketplace interact and perform to structure appropriate category approach, recommending actions that will improve esure's performance and provide business benefits and value.
- Lead and manage procurement activity in accordance with esure's procurement engagement model and policy.
- Negotiation of supplier contracts in collaboration with internal customers to ensure the most appropriate provisions are in place to meet esure's risk appetite and service obligations.
- Support the development of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and service obligations for supplier contracts to ensure inclusion of appropriate service standards, educating contract/supplier managers on the repercussions of them not being met.
- Support the governance of the procurement operation, including cross-functional collaboration and the effective prioritisation, deployment, control and monitoring of suppliers and spend across the relevant category area working closely with the Procurement Performance Manager.
- Demonstrate the value of procurement, deliver best practice standards, reinforcing the enabling culture and approach whilst embedding the implementation of category management across the organisation.
- Extensive procurement experience in IT procurement.
- Previous category management experience and delivery within a strategic procurement function.
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and priorities in a continually changing environment.
- Strong capability to engage, communicate, present and influence at all levels across the organisation including C-suite.
- Strong negotiation, collaboration and people skills.
- Extensive understanding of legal and commercial terms and ability to interpret, negotiate and draft contractual documentation with strong attention to detail that considers forward outlook.
- Agile to change with a well-organised and logical approach.
Salary - competitive, plus up to 10% annual bonus
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays), rising with length of service
- Festive Bonus
- Up to 10% annual bonus, part of profit share scheme
- Refer a friend scheme, up to £1,000
- Employee discounts on esure products
- Opportunities for career progression
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Long Service Awards
- Employee Assistance Programme
Role: IT Procurement Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Reigate, Surrey,
Apply for this job now.