Network Engineer II
The function of the Network Engineer II (NE) is to work with Level I Engineers on inbound customer calls, service tickets, resolve issues from Level I Engineers, and escalate customer issues to Level III engineer in a timely fashion.
Operations and Support
1. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
2. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
3. Contribute to and maintain current system standards for all clients.
4. Perform daily network administration, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
5. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
6. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
7. Work effectively as a team and be available to support AOKNetworking based on business demands, to provide prompt and accurate service.
8. Provide Tier II/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues. Work with an internal ticketing system to address client needs on a daily basis.
10. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
11. Support LANs, WANs, network segments, and Internet
1. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
2. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
1. Excellent problem solving skills when dealing with a variety of problems and sometime must decide which answer is best under pressure or within time constraints.
1. Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
2. Excellent communication skills. Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical to Level 1 engineers and clients.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
1. Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, while on on-call rotation.
2. Light travel to client sites may be required
3. Perform lifting of up to 50 lbs.
1. Minimum associates (2-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
2. Minimum 4 years’ experience supporting and administering Windows desktops, laptops, Windows Server OS, Active Directory, Microsoft Office, Cell Phones, Printers, and other electronic devices.
3. Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting and administering VMware or other similar virtual infrastructure platforms.
4. Minimum 2 years’ experiencing configuring, troubleshooting, administering, and installing SonicWall firewall or similar technologies.
5. StorageCraft SCE certification - required. Must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
6. VMWare VCA6-DCV - required. Must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
7. CompTIA - Network + and Security+ certifications are required. Must be obtained within 1 year of hire.
8. Microsoft MTA - Windows Server Administration Fundamentals - required. Must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
Role: Network Engineer, Level 2
Apply for this job now.