Digital Marketing Coordinator
[Remote; within contiguous US]
Are you interested in serving your community and empowering the next generation of health leaders? HealthCorps and our mission to improve the lives of youth both mentally and physically provides you the opportunity to do just that.
Who We Are
Were HealthCorps a national non-profit organization committed toimprovinglivesby addressing health inequities incommunities through programming that includes innovative and engaging experiences for teens in education, leadership, and service learning. We empower teens by encouraging them to become change agents within their families, schools and neighborhoods. Our program is grounded in the understanding that limited access to health education can lead to a lifetime of social, emotional and physical challenges.
Where You Fit In
Were looking for a creative and engaging communication champion who is savvy with social media, web design, and marketing, to implement our teen health and wellness programs digitally. As the Digital Marketing Coordinator, youll influence teens to make healthier choices and empower them to lead health initiatives in their communities by providing inspiration, education, and turn-key resources in digital spaces: social media, our online health hub, and virtual meeting rooms. This is for you if you enjoy using digital media to share ideas, promote health, and cultivate a sense of community no matter the (physical) distance. You will embrace teen trends, love putting your host hat on, and believe that details matter to the user experience.
What Youll Do
Youll expand HealthCorps impact, drive user engagement and program offering visibility, and foster community-building spaces for our national network of teen change-makers. You will use health communication and education methods and review available analytics to tailor the HealthCorps curriculum content for the social media atmosphere. You will engage in trending conversations that are both timely and relevant health topics for our growing network of users. You will cultivate collaborations, facilitate peer-to-peer sharing, and amplify the voices and experiences of teen change-makers. You will host unique virtual events, including our annual National Project Health Showcase in the spring, that provide skill-building, networking, and idea-sharing opportunities for teens. You will work collaboratively with our team of health educators and technical experts to provide students and implementation partners with an easy-to-navigate hub website, that provides access and communication around our resources and events.
- Create Engaging Content. Create and format curriculum and expert-advisor resources for use on HealthCorps teen-facing social media and website platforms. Content and related communications will support knowledge and skill development, as well as support positive social norms and improved perceptions around targeted health and leadership behaviors. Content will utilize current trends and persuasive communication cues, be tailored toward a teen-centered brand identity, be aligned with HealthCorps mission and values, and presented in mixed formats (e.g. graphics, video, interviews and presentations).
- Host Virtual Health-Promoting Events. Plan and execute impactful virtual events that support the personal and professional growth of teens nationwide. Events should be organized to excite and inspire students to attend and include influential speakers, networking and idea sharing opportunities, and other inspirational and impactful experiences. This includes the Project Health Showcase in the Spring, where students present community health innovation projects.
- Advance User Engagement & Experience. Ensure that the look & feel of our digital spaces are inviting, engaging, easy-to-navigate, and up to date. Interact with audiences through inquiry and comment responses, facilitate and share user-generated content, and strategically inform audiences of new programs, resources, and opportunities. Use available analytics and advice from expert partners on an ongoing basis to inform user acquisition and engagement plans. Provide feedback to the Education Team about what our digital teen audiences are talking about, how they are responding to the programs and curriculum, and identify opportunities to further engage them in their personal health journeys and as health leaders.
- Increase Brand Awareness & Resource Utilization. Seek and actively engage in collaborations with like-minded organizations and individuals. Promote and market digital products to internal HealthCorps staff and external partners. Promote events and featured resources with adequate frequency, duration, and communication formats.
- Manage Workflows. Manage applicable event organization, and content creation and publication processes.Work independently and with collaborators to meet deadlines.
- Commit to the HealthCorps Mission. You will prioritize health and wellness for yourself and communities who have limited health promoting opportunities and influences. Your spark to serve will leave a lasting, positive impact for teens.
Qualifications + Skillsets:
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, or related fields;
- 2+ years of relevant experience in communications and digital engagement including for example, social media management, website maintenance, digital content creation;
- Familiarity with diverse social media tactics and tools;
- Ability to communicate effectively to both teen and adult audiences. Excellent formal and conversational writing for a broad range of platforms and strong verbal presentation abilities. Can communicate using creative audio and visual media. Can deploy relatable and creative communication strategies. Understanding or demonstrated interest in literacy and communication frameworks.
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency with Instagram, TikTok and YouTube applications. [Proficiency in other social media platforms a plus];
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency with digital design software, such as Canva or Adobes Creative Suite. [Proficiency in video editing and illustration applications a plus];
- Intermediate level proficiency in WordPress or other website platforms;
- Immediate to expert level proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of applications (including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Experience or passion in health education and/or youth development is a plus but not required;
- Ability to effectively and respectfully communicate, collaborate and connect with people with various backgrounds, identities, positions, and experiences;
- Experience working in and with racially, ethnically and socioeconomically marginalized communities;
- Commitment to raising ones cultural consciousness and challenging oppressive practices on an interpersonal and institutional level;
- Experience balancing multiple tasks and priorities effectively in a fast-changing environment;
- Maintain a growth mindset, striving to improve professionally and personally;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team, self-starter, organized;
- Open and willing to implement new and dynamic programs as we strive to improve and expand our impact;
- Flexibility to manage changing priorities and timelines;
- Bilingual a plus.
- Prolonged periods working on a computer.
Additional Position Details
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other and our communities is core to HealthCorps values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
HealthCorps, Incis an Equal Opportunity Employer. HealthCorps provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, and in compliance with all state and federal law requirements.
HealthCorps, Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HealthCorps, Inc reserves the right to conduct background investigations and/or reference checks on all of its potential employees. Your job offer is contingent upon a clearance of a background investigation and/or reference check.
Note: HealthCorps reserves the right to assign additional duties, as needed. All HealthCorps employees are encouraged to be flexible and responsive to changes in scope of duties.