COMPANY: CAREER LEGAL, LEGAL FINANCE & ACCOUNTING
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Our client is a law firm with offices located in the UK, Europe and the Middle East. Their aim is to become the leading Law firm combining specialist business law and private wealth advice internationally. They have over 1000 staff, which includes over 150 Partners and approximately 40 employees within the Finance team.
They currently have an opportunity for an experienced Revenue & Credit Controller to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Regular review of aged work in progress and meeting with designated partners to ensure this is effectively managed and department budgets are met
- Working with department heads to gather accurate monthly billing forecasts
- Producing reports and analysis of billable time as/when required to respond to requests from clients for additional information
- Reviewing and updating WIP provision on a monthly basis
- Assisting with the preparation of spreadsheets for the valuation of work in progress in accordance with FRS5
- Ensuring that missing timesheets are promptly identified and chased. Ensuring that temporary time entries are promptly resolved and charged to the appropriate file
- Ensuring edits and time transfers are properly authorised and accurately processed
- Prompt and accurate production of all bills submitted for processing
- Ensuring the accurate processing of all write offs of unbillable time and disbursements and that all such requests are properly authorised in accordance with the firm’s authorisation limits as they might apply from time to time.
- Ensuring that all bills submitted for processing comply with all relevant VAT and Solicitor Account Rules
- Taking responsibility for all outstanding debts of assigned business division
- Pro-actively chasing clients by telephone and other means of communication to ensure invoices are promptly settled
- Keeping in regular contact with Partners and Fee Earners to ensure that they are following up on the queries as required
- Identifying and escalating potential problem debts to the Head of Revenue and Credit Control
- Producing statements and chase letters
- Reviewing and updating bad debt provision on a monthly basis
- Knowledge of CMS or Elite would be an advantageous
- Able to work autonomously as well as being proactive
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with Partners and Fee-Earners
- Accurate and numerate with attention to detail
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.