HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services provider 2016’
The Harley Street Clinic Children’s Hospital is one of the largest, most vibrant and innovative specialist centres for paediatric medicine in Europe.
We attract some of the world’s most highly-respected Paediatric Consultants and help children of all ages with complex medical problems, with particular expertise in oncology, neurosciences and cardiology. In fact, we’re the only independent hospital in the UK specialising in cardiac treatments for conditions present from birth.
We have the largest private PICU in the country, an Acute General Paediatric ward, a bespoke Paediatric Oncology Day Care Unit, a Haemato-oncology Unit and service for paediatric patients including bone marrow transplant and we’re continually investing in the latest technology and equipment.
As a qualified General Paediatric Staff Nurse, you will be responsible and accountable for the assessment of required care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of holistic care for children on our general surgical and medical ward.
You will be working to promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research, evidence based practice and the developmental of additional clinical skills in the speciality.
It will also be your responsibility to assist in the safe, effective and efficient management of the department with allocated resources.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) permanent post.
The projected salary range is: £31630 to £35822per annum + 9% enhancements, pension scheme and more attractive flexible benefits
Shifts: flexible shifts on internal rotation (long days, nights, weekends)
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide the highest standard of nursing care for the children and their families.
- To plan, assess, implement and evaluate programmes of care for individual children and to supervise junior staff in this activity.
- To ensure an ongoing welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for the children and their families.
- To act as an advocate for the child and family, providing them with information and support and directing them to the relevant support services where appropriate.
- To communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events.
- To develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence based nursing care.
- To be competent in the administration of medication.
- To ensure clinical practice is evidence based or peer reviewed “best practice”.
- Assist with ongoing education and training of families
Skills & Experience
- Experience working as a Children’s Nurse
- NMC Registered with a valid RN8/RCN (or equivalent)
- Basic/Intermediate Paediatric Life Support
- Understanding of Safeguarding issues
- Competent with computers and able to use clinical systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent clinical governance and experience with audits
- Ability to work within a team and independently
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be a strong team player with the ability to work flexibly and demonstrate tact and diplomacy. The ability to work under pressure is essential.