The Penrose Hotel Philadelphia is getting ready to begin an exciting multi-million dollar renovation to convert the hotel into a Radisson! We are looking for individuals who are passionate about service to become part of our team!
The Front Desk Agent acts as the face of the hotel and represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay. They provide the guests with the first impression of a hotel as well as the final goodbye upon departure. Front Desk Agent’s have responsibilities that range from checking the guests in/out, reporting any problems/needs to maintenance, making reservations and collecting payment.
- Registers guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible
- Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit and cash-handling policies and procedures
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations procedures. Takes same day reservations and future reservations
- Processes guest check-outs
- Reads and writes any information in the daily log. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures. Is aware of accident prevention policies
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area
Hotel Night Auditor
Penrose Hotel Philadelphia is seeking a full and part time night auditors. Hours for this position are from 11:00pm to 7:00am (overnight shift).
We are seeking someone who is responsible, extremely reliable, can work on their own, and has the ability to make managerial decisions. We need a person who has a good head on their shoulders, can work under pressure, and can handle occasional large crowds. This position is overnight and requires you to be on your feet for an 8 hour shift. Previous Night Audit hotel experience preferred, but not required. Holiday availability is a MUST as we are a 365/7/24 business!
Duties of the position include, but are not limited, to:
- Greet guests upon entry of hotel to provide positive first impression
- Take hotel reservations via telephone confirming guest information, room selection, price, and guarantee method
- Ability to promptly answer telephones and communicate in effective manner
- Field guest complaints and issues with attention to problem resolution
- Processing reports and closing out the business day in our POS system
- Overseeing the weekend guests and making sure that they are following hotel policies
- Responsible for cash drawer contents and transactions during shift
- Demonstrates knowledge of hotel and services including restaurants and local attractions in area to refer to guests
- Strong communication skills especially between shifts in order to pass on important messages regarding hotel guests
- Acting as the sole manager on duty during your shift
To Apply :
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Opera Lite and other Reservation Systems
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays with AM/PM shifts
- Must be a team player with a “can do” attitude
Role: Hotel Night Auditor
Apply for this job now.