To succeed in this role, we are looking for an individual with a blend of strategic thinking, a passion for rolling up their sleeves for making things happen, and strong analytical & problem-solving skills. You will be working across different product categories, and different geographies, therefore, we are requesting willingness to learn, ability to drive changes and leadership mindset.
Manages the short-term and long-term pricing strategy for the entire suite of Marco products and is charged with growing contribution margin through a combination of strategic pricing and targeted growth initiatives. Works closely across all key functions to develop and execute the optimal pricing strategy.
- Implement innovative strategic pricing improvement programs
- Track impact on pricing and profitability within identified markets, customers and channels
- Review market trends, customer data and profitability analytics to uncover opportunity insights, ensure reasonableness of findings and seek cross functional input in pricing development strategies
- Understand and anticipate the impact of market conditions, field response and competitive response in support of pricing strategies
- Develop, introduce and drive data driven pricing standard work, guidelines and tools
- Development, roll out and expansion of pricing and reporting tools
- Prepare executive level reports of findings and opportunities to increase price attainment
- Establish and maintain competitive portfolio price database for selected competitors
- Play a critical role in maximizing both volume and margin and, as such, has exceptional analytical skills
- Possess an affinity for data and experienced in leveraging statistics
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Occasionally, lifting up to 10 pounds, is necessary. The vision requirements include close vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Finance or Accounting background required. MBA preferred,
- 5 years’ experience in pricing and/or finance
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment and partner closely with commercial team
- Strong application background (MS Office, ERP System experience (eg. SAP)
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships and influence up, down, across organizational lines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have strong organization and planning skills.
Reports to Director of Sales. There are no direct reports under the pricing manager. Works closely with Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Logistics/Supply Chain, Purchasing and Accounting to win and keep business at the highest possible profitability.
Since 1944, Marco has developed a strong tradition of providing innovative and reliable products and services to the surface preparation and protective coatings industries. We are the world's premier provider of Abrasives, Blasting Equipment, Coating Equipment, Engineered Systems, Rental Equipment, Safety Equipment, Service, and Repair.
Through innovative designs and a total commitment to quality, Marco manufactures products that increase production rates, create a safer workplace, and reduce maintenance costs. Marco's industry experience, manufacturing capabilities, legendary customer service, product availability, logistics services, and technology leadership is your assurance that we deliver high quality products and services, providing the best value.
Role: Pricing Manager
Apply for this job now.