Position Title :: Manufacturing Technician A
Duration :: 6+ Months(Temp to Direct) Locations :: Mason, OH, 45040
Develops, implements and analyzes manufacturing engineering plans and projects and communicates them to internal and external customers. Defines, develops and transfers manufacturing and engineering tools, strategies and systems. Develops manufacturing strategies for specific products and processes. Actively participates with engineering project teams in order to coordinate the release of new products. Estimates and tracks manufacturing costs, determines time standards, and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines. Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations. Major functions:
• Develop and evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; and soliciting feedback from operators.
• Develop and implement process control techniques and procedures in the manufacturing environment.
• Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
• Assure product and process quality by improving process capabilities; establishing standards; and validating manufacturing processes.
• Select, oversee implementation, and maintain production equipment.
• Design fixtures, tooling, procedures and systems that are consistent with zero defects and low production costs.
• Support engineering to production transition efforts for new products.
• Generate assembly process flows and work instructions.
• Train production and technician staff as required.
• Provide input to design staff to ensure new products are highly manufacturable.
• Develop design and manufacturing lessons learned and preventive actions to improve product quality and operations efficiency.
• Support and lead technical communications with program teams, management, and customers. Education/Experience/Licenses etc.:
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• 0-1 years related experience required
• Results oriented, working in a fast-paced environment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, preferred PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Prolonged sitting at a workstation and working on a computer
• Must be able to lift up to a minimum of 25 pounds at times
• Prolonged standing up to 9 hours per day possibleJob Requirements: Technical/Functional skills:
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that is cooperative and supportive of customers, co-workers and managers.
• Must be hands-on with a strong mechanical aptitude
• Exhibit a high attention to detail in testing, procedures and work
• Exercise good judgement with respect to problem solving / trouble shooting and decision making
• Work closely with management and senior technical personnel for continuous process improvement
• Work independently and within a dynamic team environment
• Familiarity with DoD industrial MIL-STD methods