As a Quality Control Manager, you will be responsible for making sure the company's products and services meet set standards and that outside partner’s production lines perform efficiently. You will be in charge of coordinating employees’ schedules, and facilitating communications between management and production departments. You will also be required to keep all testing requirements (factories and garments) up to date, and on an accurate schedule for the company’s production timelines.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
· Creating testing periods, digital logging of all test reports, disbursing critical failures to requires parties within 24 hours of receipt, continued training and review of all safety and health protocols as relates to textiles, & occasional toys and accessories
· Learning and cataloguing all international and domestic testing protocols by retailed and by best business practices so that yourself and future expansion of the department have a comprehensive template
· Ensuring product compliance with international and national legislation and standards
· Directing workers engaged in testing and measuring product, tabulating the data relating product quality, materials
· Supervising technical team in carrying out checks and tests.
· Collating and analyzing performance charts and data against defined parameters.
· Research and resolve failure rates to increase overall quality control
· Coordinate with the testing team to establish methods to lower testing costs
· Maintaining good records & communications so that qualitative & quantitative analysis is readily available
· Keeping failure rates low by proactively working with factories when problems are discovered. Communicating issues so that we can work to improve performance.
· Work with factories and report any instances of non-complying production and packaging
· Checking daily submissions of all inspections and communications related to products being produced, by the outside QC team
· Research & help resolve issues to proactively reduce failure rates to increase overall quality levels in production and packaging
· Coordinate with the quality control department, production, and imports on product that requires inspection
· Responsibilities are wide ranging, occasional commutes are required to factories in the Tijuana and/or Ensenada areas.
· Other duties to be assigned as needed both within & outside of the department as required
· Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
· Strong leadership and highly developed interpersonal skills to lead and manage a team.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills with both internal and external parties.
· Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines and adapt to change.
· Management experience for overseeing an outside and internal team with different schedules and requirements.
· Experience in apparel testing, working with outside labs, such as CTL, Intertek, and BV, for domestic and international testing.
· Knowledge of garment construction, textiles, fabrics, and technical packs.
· Understanding of printing and packing in a production setting.
· Familiar with pantone colors in regards to screen printing, and having an attention to detail.
· Passionate about delivering great product and value to our customers.
· Organizing, planning, and problem-solving skills.
· Good statistical and numerical ability.
· Computer skills required: Excel, Word, Outlook email, general computer skills, database experience preferred.
· Organized, effective in time management.
Founded in 1987, Mad Engine, LLC. Powered by Innovation has grown to become a leading global licensed apparel wholesaler. Top brands include Marvel, Star Wars, Disney and Nickelodeon. Mad Engine's footprint spans multiple continents, with unique locations dedicated to customer service, manufacturing, quality assurance and distribution. This process better enables us to fully meet the needs of every customer from independent boutiques to mass market retailers ensuring the best customer experience possible.
Mad Engine recently acquired apparel brands L-R-G; and NEFF Headwear.
Role: Apparel Quality Control Manager
Apply for this job now.