Job Description: The successful Cyber Operations Analyst Watch Officer candidate sholuld be experienced with the USCENTCOM Area of Responsibility (AOR) and mission. Must be willing to work outside of normal business hours. (Nights/Weekends). Must be a team player, willing to work challenging assignments and tasks concerning Cyber Security, Information Assurance and Computer Network Defense policy, procedures and guidance; must be willing to travel, on occasion, throughout the AOR (which includes Afghanistan, Iraq, Bahrain, Qatar, and other Southwest Asia nations).
· Provide 24x7 Tier 1 and 2 SOC analyst support with on call support from Theater Cyber Initiatives Support Team.
· Maintain and update on call roster.
· Assesses theater capabilities and gaps, and documents recommended changes to sensors.
· Publishes cyber security trend analysis of theater assessments, lessons learned, and recommended mitigation approaches.
· Provide proactive measures for prevention of cybersecurity incidents, including: monitor, track, mitigate, and report computer network events or hostile indicators (CATs 1-8), continuous threat analysis, network and host scanning for vulnerabilities; countermeasure deployment coordination, and security policy and architecture consulting.
· Develop, maintain, and execute incident handling and response actions in accordance with DoD instruction, best security practices, and USCENTCOM policies.
· Responds to confirmed incidents by coordinating resources and directing use of timely and appropriate countermeasures.
· Maintain internal incident tracking database and provides trend analysis of security logs and events.
· Provide situational awareness and reporting on cybersecurity status, incidents, and trends in adversary behavior.
· Report CCIRs, PIRs, and other information requirements IAW USCYBERCOM, USCENTCOM, CCJ6, and ISSM requirements and SOP/TTPs.
· Perform trend analysis of security logs and events. Based on analysis, identifies areas that need improvement, and recommend security controls and best practices.
· Assist with collection of cyberspace threat information originating from various sources such as law enforcement community products, databases, websites, tools; commercial/open source products and tools; locally generated databases, websites, and tools; and National and DoD sources of information.
· Disseminate cyberspace information to decision makers, as well as the cybersecurity, NetOps, and information operations communities. Create and deliver DCO-IDM briefs.
· Maintain and update DCO-IDM TTPs/SOPs.
· Recommend changes to policy, procedure, or technology to improve theater cyber security posture.
· Maintain cybersecurity sensor grid situational awareness from Tier 0 to Tier 1 and report outages or anomalies.
Education and/or Certifications:
· Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline or equivalent and 8+ years related experience.
· Must meet DoD 8570.01-M minimum of IAT Level II Certification (i.e. Security +).
· Candidate must have the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Certification
· Candidate must have a solid familiarity with application and network security. Must be able to provide technical subject matter expertise for a wide range of security technologies including, but not limited to Security Information Event Management (SIEM) Intrusion Protection and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS/IPS), Host Intrusion Detection System (HIDS), malware analysis and protection, content filtering, perimeter access controls, logical access controls, identity and access management, and data loss prevention.
· Candidate must have strong communications skills both verbally and in writing.
· Candidate must have an understanding of vulnerabilities, exploits, and practical working knowledge of DoD Cyber Security program.
· Candidate must be able to read and understand DoD Cyber Security orders, policies and procedures.
· Experience briefing senior military and civil service employees
· Military Experience (Active Duty or Reserves)
· GCIA, GCIH
· Experience with Host Based Security System (HBSS), Firewall and ARCSIGHT software
· Experience with Cyber Security in a Joint and Coalition Partner environment
Top Secret /SCI
10% Percentage of travel involved in job:
Crystal Clear Technologies, a Woman Owned Small Business, was founded in 2002 with the primary goal of serving those who serve. The company is built to support the mission-critical requirements of our Department of Defense customers. CCT has been recognized as one of the fastest growing private businesses in America. CCT offers full service IT solutions to its customers through three lines of business which include Product Sourcing, Integrated Solutions, and Enterprise Services.
Role: Cyber Security Analyst
Apply for this job now.