Social, Emotional, Mental Health Support Worker
Huddersfield SEND School
£70 - £85 (per day dependant on experience)
The ideal Support worker candidate will have experience working with vulnerable children / challenging young people within a similar setting either Educational or Residential. You must be enthusiastic and have the ability to build a rapport with students, be resilient, flexible and be able to think fast on your feet to adapt to challenging situations. Our ideal candidate for this role must have relative experience within the last 2 years that we are able to gain professional, performance-based references from and ideally be trained in Team Teach - Vision can offer FREE training to successful candidates.
This Social, Emotional, Mental Health Support Worker position is initially through Vision for Education on a daily rate however the chance of a contract being offered after 12 weeks is highly likely for the right candidate. The desirable candidate will be prepared to complete essential training prior to starting in this setting. We are looking for candidates to begin on our supply register ASAP.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer:
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Social, Emotional, Mental Health Support Worker you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
If you are a passionate Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
How to apply
Apply today ready for an immediate start or for more information on this and other support opportunities across Vision for Education contact the Specialist SEND team, at the Huddersfield branch. This role is based within Huddersfield.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.