About the role
BWB Consulting are seeking a Civil Engineer to support continuing growth of the Water Service. The successful candidate will play an important role in delivering innovative solutions to complex problems on projects across the UK using skills in;
- Sustainable Drainage (SuDS) Design
- Flood Risk Assessment
- Earthworks Analysis
We value innovation and encourage independent thinking, while always seeking to provide commercial solutions to complex issues for Clients. The Water Service is at the heart of this at BWB.
At BWB we recognise people as individuals and understanding how we can fit your skills into our teams is important to achieving success together.
The role typically entails the research and delivery of the engineering aspects of schemes at pre-planning stage (drainage strategies utilising SuDS, outline earthworks analysis) and the delivery of Flood Risk Assessments. It would suit someone with detailed design experience looking to use their skills to influence designs early in the development process, and as such knowledge of land/development planning policy (NPPF) and experience with Lead Local Flood Authorities would be beneficial.
All locations will be considered although the Water Service is focused on the Nottingham, Birmingham and Manchester offices and regular travel to at least one of these locations should be anticipated - although the role may necessarily be based at home whilst COVID-19 restrictions are in place.
About the team
Our Environment Group provides advisory, investigative, design and validation services relating to all aspects of the environment.
The Water Service forms part of the Environment Group and is comprised of qualified engineers and environmental consultants with specific experience in flood risk, drainage, hydraulic modelling and environmental planning/engineering disciplines.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary BWB project team, we provide consultancy services to the development and property sector on projects of any type or size, from pre-planning application through to construction. The breadth and scale of work is incredibly varied.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- A sound grasp of key engineering principles
- Knowledge of relevant software packages including MicroDrainage, AutoCAD 2D, Civils 3D (ideally)
- Drainage strategy production and knowledge of Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS)
- Providing solutions to technical problems and input to provide factual and interpretative reports
- Flood Risk Assessments and knowledge of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) would be advantageous, but not essential
- Strong communication, personal effectiveness and team working capabilities
- Have the ability to plan and monitor workloads to achieve project demands
- Effectively communicate and co-operate within a project team to support the achievement of a project brief through the provision of efficient and professional services
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues throughout the Company, clients and suppliers
- An ability to act in an outward facing capacity as BWB's representative in dealings with our clients and industry regulators
- Share both knowledge and experience with other team members
Reasons to join BWB
At BWB, we invest in our people and give them fantastic career opportunities. Look at what we have been recognised for recently:
- Investors in People Platinum standard
- A Sunday Times Top 10